Pit bull's that horrible breed that cause death and mayhem

Duck

Quack
Supporter
I’m not so sure it’s hype for ratings. These stories have been persistent for years and years now, much more than they ever were with other breeds that got coverage such as Rottweilers, Dobermans, Dalmatians, etc.

Check paragraph 11 or so. It goes into why pointing dogs point, etc.

The Problem With Pit Bulls

Pit Bulls were bred specifically to rip faces off. That’s it.

Like I said, when the trigger is pulled, instinct kicks in, and there’s no going back.

There’s also some startling statistics in there.
How often does the news media hype about chihuahua attacks?

They're probably the most aggressive, unstable dogs out there. Downright psychotic.

For every pit bull attack, there's probably 50 chihuahua attacks.

But they're small and cute and they like taco bell, so there's no drama value in reporting it.

10 Most Aggressive Dog Breeds: Temperament Ratings and Information

How about the little wiener dogs? Would you leave a daschund alone with your daughter?
Screenshot_2018-01-24-21-49-32.png

(((ME)))

Duck....My small dog a cross between a chichuahua and pug bull dog. Got that small snout....and the gate of a bull dog from the back end. It all in how you raise them from puppy stage.

Sinister

Order of The Gilded Flip Flop
Staff member
Supporter
A chihquhahahaha couldn’t rip an entire human apart. Even a small one. Or even a small human.

Pit Bulls are bred specifically for that purpose.

Even PETA supports breed specific sterilization. You’d know that if you’d read the article.

Of all dog attacks, Pit Bulls are responsible for a disproportionate number.

There was a news story recently where a woman was walking two of her own Pit Bulls and went missing. She was found later, mauled to death by her own dogs.

The argument “it’s the owner” doesn’t fly with me.

What if a ****ty neighbor moves in and owns a pair of them? Or even just one? And you have a rambunctious 5 year old? By the time you were able to do anything that small child would be ripped apart and pieces laying everywhere. It’s happened. It’s not an exaggeration.

You don’t have to own the dog and treat it badly. Half the stories in a google search for “Pit Bull Attacks” are from neighbors dogs.

They are bred to destroy stuff. That’s it.

They aren’t worth anything but to be reserved for military service, to be let loose in ****hole terrorist countries, and maybe Dearborn, MI.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
You're smart enough to see through media fanaticism on political issues, why not this one?

The same kind of hysteria about pit bulls is why some parents bubble wrap their 12 year olds before letting them ride their bikes.

Sinister

Staff member
Supporter
What is to be gained from a media campaign against a specific breed if there is little or no validity to it?

Pro-poodle movement or what?

Duck

Quack
Supporter
What is to be gained from a media campaign against a specific breed if there is little or no validity to it?

Pro-poodle movement or what?
Ratings.

Same reason literally anyone who gets arrested for anything, is automatically considered guilty by the media.

They don't give a flying **** what kind of problems their bullshit causes as long as it boosts their ratings.

Did you know that house cats have been known to suffocate babies? Seriously. Little kitty cats. They've killed people.

Nobody's afraid of kitty cats. (just the women who own more than 3 of them.)

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Top 10 breeds "responsible" for fatal attacks
10. St Bernard
.....7 deaths
9. Great Dane
.....7 deaths
8. Chow Chow
.....8 deaths
7. Doberman Pinscher
.....9 deaths
6. Malamute
....12 deaths
5. Wolf Hybrid
....not listed
4. Husky
....15 deaths
3. German Shepherd
....17 deaths
2. Rottweiler
....39 deaths
1. Pit Bull
....66 deaths

http://puppytoob.com/dog-breeds/the-10-most-dangerous-dog-breeds-based-on-biting-statistics/

It's just raw numbers. Curious they didn't post the number of fatalities attributed to wolf hybrids.

I do not believe Pit Bulls should be outlawed. But I also don't believe idiots should be allowed to own them.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
What did Dan Rather have to gain by making fake videos of F-150's exploding?

Ratings.

Sinister

Staff member
Supporter
Top 10 breeds "responsible" for fatal attacks
10. St Bernard
.....7 deaths
9. Great Dane
.....7 deaths
8. Chow Chow
.....8 deaths
7. Doberman Pinscher
.....9 deaths
6. Malamute
....12 deaths
5. Wolf Hybrid
....not listed
4. Husky
....15 deaths
3. German Shepherd
....17 deaths
2. Rottweiler
....39 deaths
1. Pit Bull
....66 deaths

http://puppytoob.com/dog-breeds/the-10-most-dangerous-dog-breeds-based-on-biting-statistics/

It's just raw numbers. Curious they didn't post the number of fatalities attributed to wolf hybrids.

I do not believe Pit Bulls should be outlawed. But I also don't believe idiots should be allowed to own them.

I think that’s probably pretty fair to say. The statistics posted in two different articles should also negate any conspiracy garbage about a fake media campaign against a breed. The numbers are there and they are real.

I think if you got a Pit Bull as a puppy and raised it decently, had it around kids and so on you’d most likely be in decent shape and safe enough.

But I would certainly never advise getting an adult one from a shelter without knowing it’s history.

And I’ll never own one. And I hope any neighbors I have never do.

Because the stories are real.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Because the stories are real.
Of course they're real.

So are plane crashes. You're way more likely to die in a car accident than in a plane crash. Like ten to one.

And yet, plenty of people are afraid to fly because of the way the media and all of their Nancy Grace types blabber on about every single little incident.

A 727 blew a tire while taxiing at O'Hare a few months ago and it was all over the news for like two days.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Y'all want to talk about statistics? OK. Let's look at some statistics.

Approximately 30 fatal dog attacks per year in the USA, all breeds combined.

U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities - Dog Bite Statistics - DogsBite.org

37,461 people were killed in car accidents in the USA in 2016.

USDOT Releases 2016 Fatal Traffic Crash Data

Why aren't you afraid to drive? Why do you let your children ride in cars? Should we ban cars?

Police shot and killed 963 people last year in the USA, based on whatever credibility Washington Post has.

Police shootings 2016 database

If your neighbor was a cop, would you still let your kids play in the yard?

Yeah I know how much you love links, but just one more.

Cynophobia - Wikipedia

Mike

Staff member
Any large dog, that has high prey drive, can shake a kid to death while wagging their tail. They are animals, and they are acting on instinct.

Pit Bulls were bred for some pretty intense stuff. Bull Baiting, and Bear Baiting. In modern history, they were used to fight each other, and the fact is that a big part of the breeding was done with that intention in mind.

Strong laws and proper breeding can and will make these dogs much safer. Truth is, however, you are playing russian roulette when you get one of these animals and don't know where they came from. Get one with good temperament, you will likely be defending the breed. Get a bad one, you will be thinking they are all bad. Truth is in the middle, as it is with most things.

Breeders need to breed for good temperament. Those who are not breeding for this purpose, and rather breeding them to fight, need consequences in which would get me put on a watch list of some sort if I posted it publicly.

Sinister

Staff member
Supporter
How often does the news media hype about chihuahua attacks?

They're probably the most aggressive, unstable dogs out there. Downright psychotic.

For every pit bull attack, there's probably 50 chihuahua attacks.

But they're small and cute and they like taco bell, so there's no drama value in reporting it.

10 Most Aggressive Dog Breeds: Temperament Ratings and Information

How about the little wiener dogs? Would you leave a daschund alone with your daughter?
View attachment 43175
I wonder how old that lost is. Jack Russell’s were renamed Parson Terrier some years ago.

tommyh

I`m with you on this one,if one comes in my yard,I shoot.Period..
dead dog.
and one of my pet peves.idiots taking dogs in stores with them.I hope one of them bites me someday,there will be 2 lawsuits

So what’s the conclusion here? Gimme a break.

There’s a vast media conspiracy against this breed?

Personally I don’t care for them and would not have them near my kids.

Were I to get a dog it would be one that is protective of the kids but not so easily triggered by God knows what.

I believe each Pit Bull has a switch someplace, and yes training and upbringing can make it harder to flip, but that switch is there nonetheless and when that dogs switch gets flipped there no turning back.

There’s plenty of other breeds just as protective and tough without being such a wild card.

In this example a woman end up missing an arm.

Her. Entire. Arm.

Couple convicted in pit bull attack that maimed San Antonio senior sentenced

Google “Pit Bull Attack.” There’s one where an adult woman was killed and her husband seriously injured.

Reminds me of when I was a kid people thought wolf breeds were cool.

Many of them have dead kids and blood on their hands in other ways too. The half wolves had pretty easy triggers as it turns out.

Not sure how many examples are needed that certain things are not a good idea, because of the few pit bulls you may have met or owned. Because there’s far more tragic stories than that.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Again,...

37,461 people killed in car accidents
Average of 30 killed by all dog breeds combined.

Yeah let's just complain about how dangerous dogs are, probably while driving.

How rational is that?

Oh, and this just in - you're more likely to get struck by lightning than killed by a dog.

Screenshot_2018-01-25-14-02-26.png

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
The fact is, today's bully breeds are not yesterday's Peteys. They're not. There are too many irresponsible dog haters out there who have specifically bred their lines to be aggressive killers. They have selected that particular trait, along with strong muscle and bone structure, a large, extremely powerful jaw and athletic stamina. They have deliberately bred monsters. That was their goal. When we go into a shelter and look at dogs, there is no way to determine which breeder that bully dog wagging his tail at you came from. It tears my soul out to know many, many innocent bullies are put down or passed over for adoption because we don't know who produced them and what their goal was. It's not fair. But it's fact.

I would love to return to the days of Petey and Nanny dogs. But, seriously, how do you know?

I remember several years ago, Ducky, you posted that the "retarded pit bull" killed Sarah's cat. Why did he do that? Was it something you encouraged? Was it something he was trained to do? Because I've had dogs and cats living and playing together my entire life. It was only once that a dog I was associated with killed a cat. A dog that had never been around cats and a kitten came into the house and ran from her. This was one of my grandmother's Basenji. We ended up getting a kitten not long after that. Eclipse was never anything but gentle with him and they'd even hunt rats together. The cat would flush them out and the dog would kill them.

But your bully had lived with that cat for a while. Why did he suddenly decide to kill her?

dave350

I was surprised to see the Dachshund and Jack Russell on the list. My oldest (Billie) is a mix of both and she’s a sweetie. She IS a diva but a sweetheart none the less.

Keendriver

Hates all of you
I`m with you on this one,if one comes in my yard,I shoot.Period..
dead dog.
and one of my pet peves.idiots taking dogs in stores with them.I hope one of them bites me someday,there will be 2 lawsuits
Christ, overreact much?

As for the dogs in the store, my bet is the dog will be a hell of a lot more behaved than your run of the mill brood of kids being forced to tag along with Mom.
( Not your kids specifically you understand. )

As Duck Duck has pointed out, you got a lot of other things ( things you probably come in contact with everyday ) more deserving of your concern.

You come to my house and see my pit, you know what you will see?
A dog who is calm, respectful of your boundaries.
A dog who ( whom? ) I have voice control over, who looks to me to let him know what he can and can't do.
He is the most intelligent dog I have ever been associated with and that intelligence combined with his calm disposition makes him a joy to be around.
You know what you won't see when you come to my house? A dog on the verge of attack at any given moment, a dog with a heavy duty chain and/or a spiked collar to make him look intimidating.
A dog who has been "trained" thru abuse to live in fear and be ready to lash out at any time.
That's one who needs to be put down..........the owner, not the dog.

Anybody ever see the docu that was done about that scumbag Vick's dogs? You know, the ones who were specifically trained to fight. Dogs whose lives were made living hell so these morons could enjoy ( and profit ) from the "sport" of dog fighting.

A great many of those dogs were adopted out. Hell, adopted out to families with little kids and they are fine animals and have made fine pets.

Relax folks these dogs aren't coming for you.
And the ones who do.......you can damn well bet that a scumbag human was most likely the reason.

gearjammer

jammer
Staff member
Supporter
I have a pit that is now 12 years old he is the smartest most loyal dog we ever had he watches after the grandkids like you wouldn't believe I have watched him get between the kids and places they shouldn't go which always amazes me.

i was in the shop welding one time and he grabbed my pant leg and pulled me back I shooed him off and went bach to welding when he suddenly grabbed my pantleg again and pulled me back so hard I fell down I was pissed but after I settled down I got to thinking and figured out he was trying to protect me from the fire, so I couldn't be mad at him for that.

I didn't want him at first he was my daughters dog we ended up with him when she moved and I was glad he stayed was a great companion for my family when I was on the road and I didn't worry about them whit him around there is no doubt in my mind that he was protecting them while I was away.

I wouldn't hesitate to get another in the future

Latest posts