Trucking News: Phoenix Trucking facing possible shutdown due to GM strike

Mike

Staff member
Phoenix Trucking has dozens of trailers and truck digs, but they're all collecting dust while the clock ticks on the debt the company owes for them.

If the strike doesn't end soon, it will be the end of the business, co-owner Mohammad Thalji said.

Compass Lease, out of Chicago, owns all 100 trailers.

Thalji said if his company doesn't make the payment this week, Compass will take the trucks. But the trucks are filled with GM parts, and GM officials told the business to park the trailers until the strike ends, leaving Thalji to talk about the future of his business.

"Me and my partner, we've been in talks about shutting the company down or stopping the business, and we're trying to find a solution," Thalji said.

His partner, Wael Tlaib, said neither of them is sleeping much, with 21 employees on the payroll and 100 drivers impatiently waiting for work.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
Never put all your eggs into the automotive basket, because the union will eventually be the death of you.
the company i am at, does all dedicated work. but if one account stops renewing the contract, my company has others to transfer to..

apparently, that company had no idea to seek more accounts...

not good planning.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Never put all your eggs into the automotive basket, because the union will eventually be the death of you.
Hoe-lee-****. no truer words have been spoken!
Hauling anything related to any company related to UAW/Unifor is a gamble, even on wait time.
Up here there are shut downs in Oshawa and other plants because they need some parts from the U.S. so many auto parts haulers are suffering.
Oshawa is scheduled to be closed, shut down in December permanently. They may never get back to work before December depending on the strike and how long it takes to get the plant back on-line.
This is why I say **** unions and more specifically, **** UNIFOR!:thefinger: