Petro Dodge City, Al

navypoppop

I haven't been here in years and decided to stop with the wife. I almost cried because the Iron Skillet restaurant has been removed and replaced with a fast food court. Also the store area has tripled with enough trinkets for any 4 wheeler to die for. I can not and will not eat at a fast food restaurant while on the road. When the day is over I want to fuel, shower and sit down to dinner with a waitress serving me. This is just my choice and I'm sure some of you will disagree. So because it now has become a tourist mecca it will no longer be a stop of choice for me.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I haven't been here in years and decided to stop with the wife. I almost cried because the Iron Skillet restaurant has been removed and replaced with a fast food court. Also the store area has tripled with enough trinkets for any 4 wheeler to die for. I can not and will not eat at a fast food restaurant while on the road. When the day is over I want to fuel, shower and sit down to dinner with a waitress serving me. This is just my choice and I'm sure some of you will disagree. So because it now has become a tourist mecca it will no longer be a stop of choice for me.
I'm told TA is closing all the Country Pride restaurants, and replacing them with fast food outlets. You may or may not like the Country Pride food product, but I'm with @navypoppop -its nice to sit down and relax over a meal. You don't get that with yet another fast food joint.

navypoppop

Thanks Iron Pony for your kind words and support. I have been on the road since 1970 and can't and won't stop where I do not have the option of a sit down restaurant. Even though it costs more it is the only way I wish to go. It has been that way for me since Pure, 76, Truckstops of America, etc. I might just have to give up.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Honestly if you’re not in a big tuck and a captive audience I’m not sure why you’d eat in an Iron Skillet or TA.

The food isn’t really any better than fast food.

Especially with Denny’s most things are loaded up with salt, packaged, pre cooked and microwaved.

And the prices are unreal.

I got meat loaf at the Iron skillet in Vegas probably 8 years ago and there’s no reason meat loaf should ever cost 15.00.

Chain Truck stops and chain restaurants were never anything special.

Places like Whites before it became a Petro, or the Tiger Truck stop are all unique and way better in their worst day.

But yeah, the inundating with fast food needs to stop.