Patriots win yet again

quillcom

Did anyone watch any of the AAF games?
I cant watch sub-par football. Thats why I'm not even a real fan of college football.

*The tackling is atrocious
*The holes in the D line could allow my grandmother run for 100yards/game

I never heard of it either until you mentioned it.

Its kinda like college basketball; which I enjoy accept for the stretches in the game where both
teams are ice cold and theres like no scoring for several minutes and possessions and everyone is
shootin bricks.

Fageol

Old acid hauler but not too caustic
Speaking of all that chemco goblletygook, did you hear about the revamp of the elemental chart or something or the other?

I forget exactly what or where I heard it but I was just recently.
We were discussing the chart in terms of electron rings and spin. But a half hour later the pain pills she had from the prior day's oral surgery took effect. When she gets back up this way, I'll ask her if the current or upcoming change will affect her. I suspect that it won't.

Hanover Fist

I cant watch sub-par football. Thats why I'm not even a real fan of college football.

*The tackling is atrocious
*The holes in the D line could allow my grandmother run for 100yards/game

I never heard of it either until you mentioned it.

Its kinda like college basketball; which I enjoy accept for the stretches in the game where both
teams are ice cold and theres like no scoring for several minutes and possessions and everyone is
shootin bricks.
You think the tacking is atrocious in college compared to the NFL??? College tackling is far more fundamentally sound than human missle approach taken by so many in the NFL these days.
It's not even debatable...the pro game has become soft and sloppy.
Goodell continues to pussify the game while players have become more about highlight reel moments and personal stats than they are about team success.
If you watch the NFL, you watch the very epitome of sub-par football.

quillcom

You think the tacking is atrocious in college compared to the NFL???
Yes. Across the board not just tackling but db play ol play, which is probably why just 1% or so of all college players make it to the pros.

But yes I agree the NFL has gotten soft over the years with the new CBA rules, and the rules to protect the QB and receivers to illicit higher scoring games for veiwership.

But you'll never convince me that the level of play of college boys is better than that of the NFL wether it's tackling or any other skill set.

Last edited:

Hanover Fist

Yes. Across the board not just tackling but db play ol play, which is probably why just 1% or so of all college players make it to the pros.

But yes I agree the NFL has gotten soft over the years with the new CBA rules, and the rules to protect the QB and receivers to illicit higher scoring games for veiwership.

But you'll never convince me that the level of play of college boys is better than that of the NFL wether it's tackling or any other skill set.
As a former player and coach, I disagree. The college game is more pure with better fundamentals, period.
So much like the NBA, while the talent may be better, the integrity of the game suffers at the pro level.

quillcom

a former player and coach
College or pro or higschool/Jr high or pee-wee.

Than my guess is that was your experience while you were there as is the case a lot of times.

I have playing and coaching experience also in football and b-ball so don't get me wrong
I understand your sentiments about the game. But as whole I'm not ready to grasp your opinions

Latest posts