On my way shortly..Wish Me "Luck" ..I'll need it

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
In afew short hours I'll be loading my stuff and heading to Orientation Class and after that my new trucking adventure begins.

Was supposed to leave yesterday but acoupla drivers are coming from out west and had a flight delay so they pushed it to Tuesday which gave me an Extra Day

Gotta remember to stop at the gas station cause it's almost 300 miles and I had just over a quarter tank yesterday but I was too lazy to stop on my way back from the forest preserve.

Sure hope this class is "interesting" and only afew days not 3 or 4..

I can check into the Motel anytime after 2 they said just show em my Driver's license and tell em I'm here for class

Fageol

Old acid hauler but not too caustic
Just saw this posted by a friend training (at -35° F) to be a tanker yanker in Fairbanks. Maybe a nice, warm classroom is a good training thing. (I'm insufficiently skilled to correct for her skin tone so I just left it as she posted it.)
Lolly N Tanker.jpg

Normal appearanceLollySonsBirthday.jpg

Electric Chicken

Supporter
In afew short hours I'll be loading my stuff and heading to Orientation Class and after that my new trucking adventure begins.

Was supposed to leave yesterday but acoupla drivers are coming from out west and had a flight delay so they pushed it to Tuesday which gave me an Extra Day

Gotta remember to stop at the gas station cause it's almost 300 miles and I had just over a quarter tank yesterday but I was too lazy to stop on my way back from the forest preserve.

I can check into the Motel anytime after 2 they said just show em my Driver's license and tell em I'm here for class
Good luck, buddy

Fageol

Old acid hauler but not too caustic
Why is she green?
I guess (more correctly a SWAG) that the green complexion is due to how the =<-35°F air temperature affects the camera sensors. I posted the other pic to show Lolly's normal appearance.

I attempted a quick and dirty correction via Irfanview (my favorite freebie photo viewer/fixer) but failed. After I finish scanning another year of old 1040s and backup forms, I'll take a shot at correcting her green complexion with GIMP.

I have a friend, James Hickey (jameshickeystudio.com), who might be able to explain the green look to me. Because his mechanical engineering degree is from the University of Alaska Fairbanks, he likely has more insight about what affects photography in low temperatures. I'll pass on anything he tells me.

When I last heard from him, he was at his home and studio in Vegas; however he's inclined to grab his camera and head to any place you can imagine. For instance, a few months ago he headed to Paris. His day-later post was with a hottie in Marrakesh. Briefly, I don't know when I'll get an answer.

Now back to, as the feds have it, paperwork reduction.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
good luck Birchy...

one door closes, another opens. that's the way life is, no matter how much stress, hardships, ups and downs we have.

we have to move onto and into a better, brighter future, as to stay behind or not accept new things can only do more harm to our well being and our mind. and we can never resurrect the past, but keep many things in our hearts.

let us know from time to time, how you are doing, best of luck to you.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter

:thumbsup:

tommyh

Best of luck Uncle Birchy
If you make it down my way(nc),give me a shout
If you want too