NPR and their flagrant Left Wing Bias

joseph1135

Supporter
See, now, you're getting personal. I don't even watch Hannity. I think he's an idiot who has never had an independent thought of his own and if Mark Levin didn't tell him what to say, he wouldn't have anything to say at all.

I'm a Libertarian. I do my own thinking. As a Libertarian, I figure people's private lives are none of my business. That applies to everybody, including the president. I honestly don't care who he ****ed twelve years ago and I don't care what his lawyer did. I don't get into all this extra bullshit that has nothing to do with how this man is executing the Office of the Presidency.

What I see is this:
North Korea is halting its nuclear program, their leader is meeting with South Korea's president and they are ending the Korean War.
ISIS is all but extinct.
My personal income tax has gone down.
Truckload rates have gone up.
Domestic manufacturing is increasing.
Retail is increasing, which directly affects the job I do.
The environment is not being poisoned, as was yelled from the rooftops when this man was elected.
Thus far, the nearly two year investigation into the president's affairs have not turned up any indictments against him.
In fact, for being in bed with the Russians, he sure has pissed them off over the last year or so.

I'm pretty happy with the state of international affairs and our nation at the moment. I like the tangible changes he has made.

All the rest is just noise with no purpose other than to spread hate. I simply refuse to be a part of that.

If you interpret that as bowing at the altar of Sean Hannity, you are seriously deluded. It is evidence to me that you refuse to do your own thinking. You follow the radical Leftist party line. Whatever they say, you parrot. You have no opinion of your own because you are so brainwashed, you are incapable of independent thought. You have no facts to add to the discussion. You only have unproven innuendo and rumor, yet, you present this as fact because you hate Donald Trump so much you want it to be true. You don't even know why you hate the president. If it was these so-called shady dealings and women, you should hate Bill Clinton with the same or more venom. But you don't, because he's from "your" side and you're not allowed to disagree with him or his actions.

You're pathetic.
1. History dummy. Look at history. Look at history with North Korea. We’ve been here before. 2. Republicans are admitting that the tax break did almost nothing for taxpayers.
3. Look at truck loads back east. They fell. Did not go up. Try again.

I could go on and on. But you’re too stupid to understand that. Leftist? Barely. Realist is more like it. But hey, MAGA, right? You dummy.

BirchBarlow

I hate KW 680s
Thread starter #22
1. History dummy. Look at history. Look at history with North Korea. We’ve been here before. 2. Republicans are admitting that the tax break did almost nothing for taxpayers.
3. Look at truck loads back east. They fell. Did not go up. Try again.

I could go on and on. But you’re too stupid to understand that. Leftist? Barely. Realist is more like it. But hey, MAGA, right? You dummy.
Now @joseph1135 you are missing the point..

Remember just 2 years ago the Economy was phony and the real unemployment rate was double the reported..until Trump took office then it became official..

and the runaway stock market was a result of Quantitative Easing and corporate buybacks..until Trump took office now its the best stock market ever..

Oh and remember Obama doubling the Debt in 2 terms...

Trump is on pace to double that in just four years but ya dont hear Republicans crying bloody murder over the debt especially when they can do all the defecit spending on their priorities.

Oh remember all that time Obama spent golfing and all that Travelling they did..

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjANegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw0lCOfrI1i6sS_aCsbSGBi6

Oh ya not a PEEP about Trump and Melanias exhorborant taxpayer funded travels

dave350

Remember just 2 years ago the Economy was phony and the real unemployment rate was double the reported..until Trump took office then it became official..
I've been critical of that also.
and the runaway stock market was a result of Quantitative Easing and corporate buybacks..until Trump took office now its the best stock market ever..
That's true and I've been critical of that as well. I saw some talking heads flip over night and have stopped watching because of it.
Oh and remember Obama doubling the Debt in 2 terms...
Added more than any other president.
Trump is on pace to double that in just four years but ya dont hear Republicans crying bloody murder over the debt especially when they can do all the defecit spending on their priorities.
Most republicans are liberal in my opinion. These are all the swamp creatures that need to be tossed out, both sides of the isle.
Oh remember all that time Obama spent golfing and all that Travelling they did..
I never gave that much thought.
Oh ya not a PEEP about Trump and Melanias exhorborant taxpayer funded travels
If something is being abused it needs to be corrected. How much have you heard about Trumps one dollar a year salary?

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
My share value in the Stock Market has doubled since Trump has been President. It has hit and maintained record highs.

I'd say that's pretty good.

BirchBarlow

I hate KW 680s
Thread starter #25
My share value in the Stock Market has doubled since Trump has been President. It has hit and maintained record highs.

I'd say that's pretty good.
Wait until it crashes again ...

For all the exuberance 2018 looks alot more like 2007/08...

To make matters even worse @Injun we never even fixed the problems of the Housing Crash and the banking crisis that followed

Infact they have not only re-inflated the bubble they expanded past it.

Next time this crashes it aint gonna be just a recession.

Its gonna be a Depression like back in the 1930s

BirchBarlow

I hate KW 680s
Thread starter #26
Wait until it crashes again ...

For all the exuberance 2018 looks alot more like 2007/08...

To make matters even worse @Injun we never even fixed the problems of the Housing Crash and the banking crisis that followed

Its gonna be a Depression like back in the 1930s
Here @Injun if ya think Im full of it ..

Get it from the horses mouth directly.

Peter Schiff CEO of Pacific Capital Mananagement Corp

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Here @Injun if ya think Im full of it ..

Get it from the horses mouth directly.

Peter Schiff CEO of Pacific Capital Mananagement Corp

An advertisement? Seriously?

I remember when someone said the sky was falling in January when the market dropped almost 1,000 points in a day. It was a market correction. It has been growing pretty much steadily since.

I don't think we're going to see the drop you're predicting. One of the biggest differences between 2009 and now is people have jobs and housing prices, while still a bit uncomfortable, are not anywhere near as overinflated as they were then. Furthermore, there aren't the high risk mortgages that hamstrung the housing market then.

Regardless of how much the Left would like to see this president (and the country) fail, it's not happening.

dave350

A lot of gains were made in the market under Obamas term as well and the reason wasn't that the economy was doing well it was that investors were searching for yield and bonds were in the tank. Also the amount of expansion on the Feds balance sheet (inflation) is jaw dropping. That's what they did to keep things propped up. In January 2001 the Feds balance sheet was 596 billion, June 2008 892 billion, June 2009 two trillion, January 2016 4.5 trillion. They have since started to wind it down (go figure now that a R is in office) and it'll be an interesting balancing act to watch. (no pun intended) All that new money inflates asset prices and creates an illusion of wealth but that's all it really is. Things on main street are only now starting to recover.

Sometimes I would like it if Trump stopped referring to the stock market, but realistically I guess he can't. Pointing to the market is a way to promote the idea of a strong economy and along with the illusion of wealth that helps to get things moving again. Problem is if you own it in good times you own when it drops, and it will. The P/E of the S and P 500 index is at 24 and the historical average is about 15. That's using the trailing twelve months earnings. If you look at the CAPE (Cyclically Adjusted P/E Ratio) model which uses inflation adjusted earnings from the past ten years we're at 32 with the historical average at 16. That's higher than it was at the height of the last (2008) bubble. (In 1999 it hit 44) Also, the bond market is recovering so money will start flowing out of the stock market and into the bond market. The bond market dwarfs the stock market by comparison.

Is it the end of the world? No. Buy low sell high. Allocate a little more savings to cash to have when it comes down to jump in and buy. :)

Last edited:
For all the exuberance 2018 looks alot more like 2007/08.
I’d have to disagree with that. I don’t think we’re that far along yet.

True. All the mechanism are still in place for speculation. I’m sure it’ll rear it’s head sooner or later. There was a bubble in the car market but it wasn’t big enough to wreak havoc on the country. I believe I read that repos this year will rival those of 2009.
Yep. About 4 trillion worth. One of the guys (and I’m sure there’s more) that bet against the housing market is now betting against central banks. IMO that’s good bet.

I don’t know about next time being a big depression but eventually we will enter into hyper inflation. All fiat currency goes to zero it’s just a matter of time. Beware of fortune tellers and doomsayers though and don’t panic just prepare a little.

Thread starter #30
I’d have to disagree with that. I don’t think we’re that far along yet.

True. All the mechanism are still in place for speculation. I’m sure it’ll rear it’s head sooner or later. There was a bubble in the car market but it wasn’t big enough to wreak havoc on the country. I believe I read that repos this year will rival those of 2009.

Yep. About 4 trillion worth. One of the guys (and I’m sure there’s more) that bet against the housing market is now betting against central banks. IMO that’s good bet.

I don’t know about next time being a big depression but eventually we will enter into hyper inflation. All fiat currency goes to zero it’s just a matter of time. Beware of fortune tellers and doomsayers though and don’t panic just prepare a little.
I wanna touch on Gold and Silver @dave350 ...

Years ago I got screwed on GOLD ...coins in my possession though I bought HIGH and they down 2/3 hundred an ounce from last crash...

Also I went to a Coin Shop and bought however many sandwich baggies he had of pre 1964 coins...

Nothing collectible just "Junk" Silver but still "real" Silver ...

At that time silver was at 8/9 an ounce ...

Today Silver trades between a band of $14 to $16 an ounce...

Im at just shy of Doubling my money on Junk Silver

But I spent much more on Gold to lock away in my Safety Deposit box and have thaken a much larger hit

Thread starter #31
I wanna touch on Gold and Silver @dave350 ...

Years ago I got screwed on GOLD ...coins in my possession though I bought HIGH and they down 2/3 hundred an ounce from last crash...

Also I went to a Coin Shop and bought however many sandwich baggies he had of pre 1964 coins...

Nothing collectible just "Junk" Silver but still "real" Silver ...

At that time silver was at 8/9 an ounce ...

Today Silver trades between a band of $14 to $16 an ounce...

Im at just shy of Doubling my money on Junk Silver

But I spent much more on Gold to lock away in my Safety Deposit box and have thaken a much larger hit
One more thingy I shall add and read closely..

If ya want to or are thinking of "investing" stick with proof Coins or Jewlery..

Coins and Jewelry are physical.hold in your hand stuff..

Alot of these Radio Ads and such are PAPER much like a Stock..or just Paper

Find a Trustworthy Coin Shop to do buisness with and buy Hold In Your Hand

dave350

One more thingy I shall add and read closely..

If ya want to or are thinking of "investing" stick with proof Coins or Jewlery..

Coins and Jewelry are physical.hold in your hand stuff..

Alot of these Radio Ads and such are PAPER much like a Stock..or just Paper

Find a Trustworthy Coin Shop to do buisness with and buy Hold In Your Hand
Physical metals is part of my savings. I stay diversified though.