Now driver, this here ain't no bull****

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
I have a nephew who is still playing GTA V Online.

I can’t believe they’re still updating it. It’s still got a massive online following.

GTA IV has such a long online following the royalties on the music expired and they had to put all new music in it.

That’s today’s nerd post.

Duck

Kleenex
Supporter
I have a nephew who is still playing GTA V Online.

I can’t believe they’re still updating it. It’s still got a massive online following.

GTA IV has such a long online following the royalties on the music expired and they had to put all new music in it.

That’s today’s nerd post.
I have a PC version of San Andreas somewhere. I could probably find it in less than a month if I were to start digging.

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
I have a PC version of San Andreas somewhere. I could probably find it in less than a month if I were to start digging.
San Andreas had the Cutting Crews “I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight” in the soundtrack.

That’s a cheesy 80s song I would never tell anyone is in my Spotify list.

Duck

Kleenex
Supporter
San Andreas had the Cutting Crews “I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight” in the soundtrack.

That’s a cheesy 80s song I would never tell anyone is in my Spotify list.
I'm trying to recall who Cutting Crews was and I keep picturing Terry Crews. That black actor with a miniature mountain range in his scalp. Played the scary guy in Friday part 3. Friday after next or whatever.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Just reading other posts on the Forum about 1099 drivers. i am going through my own personal nightmare of the Canadian equivalent T2125.

I can't post about it right now, I have a good accountant working on it.

If and when this issue of being misclassified is resolved I will post all about it.
I can say it is about screwing the driver and a company skirting their obligation as far as taxes, workmans comp and other things they should be paying for.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Just reading other posts on the Forum about 1099 drivers. i am going through my own personal nightmare of the Canadian equivalent T2125.

I can't post about it right now, I have a good accountant working on it.

If and when this issue of being misclassified is resolved I will post all about it.
I can say it is about screwing the driver and a company skirting their obligation as far as taxes, workmans comp and other things they should be paying for.
All depends brother, on what you want. Down here, a true 1099 independent contractor is a businessman in charge of his own fate, opposed to an employee.

It's a common dodge for employers to avoid the costs of employment is to use the tax laws to misclassify employees as independent contractors. But that doesn't apply to all of us.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
All depends brother, on what you want. Down here, a true 1099 independent contractor is a businessman in charge of his own fate, opposed to an employee.

It's a common dodge for employers to avoid the costs of employment is to use the tax laws to misclassify employees as independent contractors. But that doesn't apply to all of us.
This is what I am saying while I can't say much until it is settled.
I was an employee and the owner made us all become independent contractors. We were not independent contractors.

They coined a term up here for misclassified truckers that are actually employees.
They call companies opened by the driver, Driver Inc!

SueAnn

Supporter
This is what I am saying while I can't say much until it is settled.
I was an employee and the owner made us all become independent contractors. We were not independent contractors.

They coined a term up here for misclassified truckers that are actually employees.
They call companies opened by the driver, Driver Inc!
I'm hearing from my Accountant, this is why a lot of us were audited this year. They wanted to find the "independent contractors" and get everyone to pay more taxes.
Apparently it's a big problem in Brampton. :whistling:

Duck

Kleenex
Supporter
Just use the shoulder like every dump truck driver in a hurry. Curry in a hurry!
They get paid by the load. They ain't got time for traffic.

There oughta be special lanes only for commercial vehicle drivers who are not paid hourly or salary. Call it the "time is money" lane.

If a cop pulls you over, you'll need a pay stub for proof. Cuz it'll be instant roadside executions for any unauthorized persons stealing usage of the "time is money" lane.

Elect me as your next totalitarian dictator and I'll make it the law. 😎