Now driver, this here ain't no bull****

Nomad1

B()()()B
Supporter
I plugged a hole in the sidewall of one of the tires on my dad's Mazda and I drove it home from Tennessee.

As far as I know he still has that tire on the car. 😁
I have stopped plugging sidewalls but I've done it before. I still plug motorcycle tires. On car tires I take them to a friends shop and they put a butyl patch on the inside of the tire. That should work on the sidewall too.

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
I have stopped plugging sidewalls but I've done it before. I still plug motorcycle tires. On car tires I take them to a friends shop and they put a butyl patch on the inside of the tire. That should work on the sidewall too.
Goldwings and probably other large bikes can run car tires. They call it "darkside". Typically they're run-flats because they're stiffer. But they're way cheaper than motorcycle tires and they last longer. If you get the right tire, they handle and grip just as well as a motorcycle tire. You can plug them too.

There's a Facebook group called Goldwing darksiders. They're always blabbering on about what they put on the 1800's and the 1500's but I ain't seen 'em do it to a 1200 yet.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Goldwings and probably other large bikes can run car tires. They call it "darkside". Typically they're run-flats because they're stiffer. But they're way cheaper than motorcycle tires and they last longer. If you get the right tire, they handle and grip just as well as a motorcycle tire. You can plug them too.

There's a Facebook group called Goldwing darksiders. They're always blabbering on about what they put on the 1800's and the 1500's but I ain't seen 'em do it to a 1200 yet.
Boulevard bikes too.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
After last nights fiasco, I decided to invest in a 12v air compressor. They are dirt cheap like $30. Buddy says he will get me a can of this stop leak stuff. Not that my tire is leaking or anything, just for the next time.

I don't want to be caught again with a flat tire that could've cost me $400 for new tires and what like a $100 for a new rim had I drove it to the gas station air pump.

I thanked my friend for helping me out. he is an old school trucker so, to him it was no big deal to lend a hand when he can.:bowdown:

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
After last nights fiasco, I decided to invest in a 12v air compressor. They are dirt cheap like $30. Buddy says he will get me a can of this stop leak stuff. Not that my tire is leaking or anything, just for the next time.

I don't want to be caught again with a flat tire that could've cost me $400 for new tires and what like a $100 for a new rim had I drove it to the gas station air pump.

I thanked my friend for helping me out. he is an old school trucker so, to him it was no big deal to lend a hand when he can.:bowdown:
Genuine question do you have Harbor Freight or similar?

I got one of those battery booster air compressor combos and it's saved my bacon a lot of times. Even used it to electric start my generator.

Sometimes "saved my bacon" just means saving from having to get another vehicle and position it to idle and jump another one but still. It's nice to carry over vs maneuvering a pickup.

Also used it to air up my trucks suspension, etc. Takes a while on tires but hey when you're out there and desperate you can wait. None of the portables are particularly fast on pickup tires.

2018-04-23-0001.jpg

Last edited:

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Genuine question do you have Harbor Freight or similar?

I got one of those battery booster air compressor combos ans it's saved my bacon a lot of times. Even used it to electric start my generator.

View attachment 53214
Nice! :thumbsup:

I just went for a simple 12v Direct drive air compressor. This thing looks like a minatuter air compressor like you would have in your garage.
It's direct drive. I have no idea what that means but, apparently to those in the know, it is a good thing.:dunno:

r3gulator3

Professional mFinG Asshole-ee-0
Supporter

Unlike some folks here I suspect wouldn’t be so handy. It’s it green slime? That **** is awesome I’m tires

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
Nice! :thumbsup:

I just went for a simple 12v Direct drive air compressor. This thing looks like a minatuter air compressor like you would have in your garage.
It's direct drive. I have no idea what that means but, apparently to those in the know, it is a good thing.:dunno:
Oh you already got it. 10-4. Show us some pics. I'm curious.

I was thinking about those Viairs but they're expensive for the better models and I'm not convinced I'd see much of a difference from the one I have.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Unlike some folks here I suspect wouldn’t be so handy. It’s it green slime? That **** is awesome I’m tires
The way he was telling it was you put it in and if the tire leaks, it plugs it.
I suspect it is just the green slime. He is the Danny Devito sized Brazilian and not too goodly with the English:D.

r3gulator3

Supporter
The way he was telling it was you put it in and if the tire leaks, it plugs it.
I suspect it is just the green slime. He is the Danny Devito sized Brazilian and not too goodly with the English:D.
Well they make fix-a-flat which is a white goo. And tire slime which is green. Tire slime is superior to fixaflat but both do work.

r3gulator3

Supporter
Next time you're in a bathroom, look at yourself in the mirror, point your finger at yourself and yell "F*** you asshole!" then slap yourself in the face.

Courtesy of every guy who's ever worked in a tire shop. 😎👍🏻
I know it pisses off tire guys but tire slime is tits.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
People who order big bags of dog food from Chewy dot com should smack the **** out of themselves too, on behalf of parcel package delivery people everywhere.
His & Hernias.

But seriously that stuff gets picked up and carried by a bunch of people in the process of getting it from mill to dog mouth, so it doesn't make a difference whether they get it from the store or have a parcel carrier put it on the porch.

IOW it's not like Brown is the only one other than the pet owner to lift the bag of dog food.

Keendriver

Hates all of you
People who order big bags of dog food from Chewy dot com should smack the **** out of themselves too, on behalf of parcel package delivery people everywhere.
**** them Buster Browners! I loves me some Chewy!

Don't wanna carry ****?.....don't drive a brown truck

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I'd like to see those nancy slackers chuck a 100# bag over a security fence.

:nails: