Now driver, this here ain't no bull****

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
They are working on the roof at the warehouse. Today some kid roofer parks his Jeep right in the way of where trucks need to back into the doors.
My partner says go and tell that guy he can't park there! I look over and buddy is putting on all his gear, safety harness and what not. I say, Nah, let him get on the roof first. In the mean time my partner are talking away and he asks, what would make someone think that, That would be a good place to park?
He is a roofer:coocoo: Anyone will tell you if the roofers are on the job site nail everything down an lock your truck and tool box.
Anyway, to make a short story long another outside carrier driver had the guy come down off the roof to move his Jeep and then climb back up the ladder.:rolllaugh:

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I watched this guy tear up his truck this morning trying to make an impossible U-turn. It kinda look like that vid of the USA Truck.
Buddy was in a T680 so I would say that truck is less than 4 years old. Tore up the drivers side fairing. I can kinda see bending the passenger side fairing but not the drivers side.
Anyway on my way out of the yard I took a look to see if he did in fact did bend they fairing, He did!
Then I took a closer look at the truck and the front bumper was missing. how can you run down the road with no front bumper?
The rubber part under the skirts was torn off. I hope he owns that truck and is not tearing up some 2 truck owners equipment.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
What's happened today, Got stuck under 2 different trailers on ice. This Peterbilt has "traction control" not sure how locking a wheel and decreasing power is helpful when you actually need the tires to spin! WTF :dunno:

I am of the older school and I sure as hell don't need no computer to "help" me in icy conditions. Leave that crap for the automatic, non map reading, can't fill out a log book, seat meat.

Let me drive the truck, I know what I am doing far better than the jerk-off that programmed the computer to lock a wheel in sunny Silly-Con Valley.:thefinger:

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Supporter
What's happened today, Got stuck under 2 different trailers on ice. This Peterbilt has "traction control" not sure how locking a wheel and decreasing power is helpful when you actually need the tires to spin! WTF :dunno:

I am of the older school and I sure as hell don't need no computer to "help" me in icy conditions. Leave that crap for the automatic, non map reading, can't fill out a log book, seat meat.

Let me drive the truck, I know what I am doing far better than the jerk-off that programmed the computer to lock a wheel in sunny Silly-Con Valley.:thefinger:
Hey ok so let me explain traction control to you. If you don’t have a locker to make the wheels spin the same speed on both sides of the axle it’s beneficial.

So when the abs modulator locks the brake on the spinning wheel it causes the torque to go to the wheels on the opposite side. The reason for the torque de rate is so you don’t shock load a spinning wheel when it hits solid ground and snap your axle. This **** saved my ass on a 10% grade in PA a couple weeks ago.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter

Get a sack of cat litter...

:toothpick:

GAnthony

Non-Canadian truck driver
Supporter

drink some hot cocoa, and pour some under yer tires....

gotta tell you canadians everything.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Wheeew, Like 4 hours sleep last night. Sure that is plenty when you are in the bunk, but at home, It just makes you want to roll over and get 8 more hours sleep. :D
This morning was a please give to me a shot of espresso on the side and a double doubleo_O

We are all bracing for the winter storm set to move in, in the morning. We got this handled!👍
Back in the day I would drive truck in the winter and find something else in the summer. So the bosses daughter asked me why I always left in the summer when the driving was easy?
Because there ain't no fun in driving in the summer time!;)

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Supporter
Do use guys say “regular coffee”?
As in, I’ll have a coffee please, regular?
When I want coffee I order coffee black, that has nothing added,

Coffee regular here is 2 sugars 1 creamer.