Now driver, this here ain't no bull****

dchawk81

Supporter
I was talking to an ol' hand at A&P grocery about the *ing run around at grocery warehouses and Unifor Union ass *ingholes.
The topic quickly turned to GM UNIFOR employees and how they can go fist themselves. Zero sympathy from old hands for Union douchbags :thefinger:
Speaking of union douchebags.

I delivered relays to UPS Freight and everyone was wearing sunglasses.

It was like a brown cult.

I'm j/k they were mostly friendly. Especially for me not having a clue wtf I was doing. It's a mess in there.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Airport Cargo sheds and Airfreight.
I have not picked up airfreight at an airport cargo shed in about 20 years. I got dispatched on that today.
Oh boy! This will be fun! I have not seen the new freight sheds they have built since they tore down the old ones to make way for a new terminal.
:foreheadslap: Aanndd now I remember, picking up air freight sucks donkey balls of a donkey that has elephantiasis of the nuts!

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
I have not picked up airfreight at an airport cargo shed in about 20 years. I got dispatched on that today.
Oh boy! This will be fun! I have not seen the new freight sheds they have built since they tore down the old ones to make way for a new terminal.
:foreheadslap: Aanndd now I remember, picking up air freight sucks donkey balls of a donkey that has elephantiasis of the nuts!
You should go to any US port and pick up freight without a TWIC card. Fun times I tell ya.

dchawk81

Supporter
So you're saying you enjoy air freight then?

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
You should go to any US port and pick up freight without a TWIC card. Fun times I tell ya.
Oh yes, I used to go to the Port of Panama City Florida, Sans TWIC card.
Sittin' on the dock of the bay, Watching the tide roll away, Sitting at the dock of the bay wasting time.

Or Eddie Murphies Dads version, Sittin' on the dock of the bay watching the tide roll in, Lillian! :rolllaugh:RAW!

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
Oh yes, I used to go to the Port of Panama City Florida, Sans TWIC card.
Sittin' on the dock of the bay, Watching the tide roll away, Sitting at the dock of the bay wasting time.

Or Eddie Murphies Dads version, Sittin' on the dock of the bay watching the tide roll in, Lillian! :rolllaugh:RAW!
Probably sat there long enough to see both.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Speaking of old hands, I was chatting with one back in the summer. If I remember right he said he ordered a new set of B trains but instead of 26’ of deck they had 28’ of deck. Totally illegal back then (I’m going off memory for the lengths). He said nobody busted his balls over it until one scalemaster in Misery. He got pulled around back and measured.

Scalemaster said you’re only allowed 26’.

Hand says, hang on!! I’ll build two bulkheads and reduce the reuseable deck to be 26’. Which he did.
:biglaugh:

Scalemaster says, show me in the rule book where it says that’s allowed!

Hand says, show me in the rule book where it’s prohibited!!

They went back and forth for an hour, he still got the ticket

He said it was worth it :thefinger:

dchawk81

Supporter
Speaking of old hands, I was chatting with one back in the summer. If I remember right he said he ordered a new set of B trains but instead of 26’ of deck they had 28’ of deck. Totally illegal back then (I’m going off memory for the lengths). He said nobody busted his balls over it until one scalemaster in Misery. He got pulled around back and measured.

Scalemaster said you’re only allowed 26’.

Hand says, hang on!! I’ll build two bulkheads and reduce the reuseable deck to be 26’. Which he did.
:biglaugh:

Scalemaster says, show me in the rule book where it says that’s allowed!

Hand says, show me in the rule book where it’s prohibited!!

They went back and forth for an hour, he still got the ticket

He said it was worth it :thefinger:
:poo2:

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I was sent to do a pick up and as I was looking for the place I blew right past it. Son of my *****:mad:
As an old hand once told me sometimes you are just better off to go around the block.
I did and it was a big block to find a truck route.
So I am back to where I want to be and trying to make a tight right, I waited for the right opportunity because, I would need a lot of the real estate belonging to the oncoming lane.
I giver and doesn't a strait truck driver hammer right up and **** me completely.
No choice I have to roll over a large section of the curb and sidewalk.

Okay, We are good again, Until I hear a police siren. I look in the mirror and see flashing lights. Son of my *****!!
I hit the four ways and back 'er down pulling to the right.
Cop pulls around me and heads off into the sunset.👍

Sometimes the Gods of trucking will smile down upon you.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Today was my first time doing a home delivery with this company.
My GPS kept trying to route me down this residential road and I fought it until I couldn't.
OK, so I stop at the address and it is house. I walk up the driveway and ring the bell. They guy answers the door and I say, I from company name and I really hope you operate a home business.
He kind laughed and said that I was in the right place.
Oh, thank God, wheew!

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
We had a pretty nice Christmas this year at Moms house. We sprung Dad from the home for the day. He ate well.
The focus was on our new addition to the family not even 2 years old yet, My cousins kid. Freaking hilarious at their wonder and surprise.
We took Dad back to the home I drove because Mom hates driving at night and I was the muscle in case Dad decided that he did not want to go back to the home.
Dad was fine, he was happy just to be back in his bed to rest. We felt so bad for having to leave him there. This morning there was a story of a missing woman with Alzheimer's she has been missing 3 days in this cold and that reinforced the fact that Dad is safer in the home.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
We had a pretty nice Christmas this year at Moms house. We sprung Dad from the home for the day. He ate well.
The focus was on our new addition to the family not even 2 years old yet, My cousins kid. Freaking hilarious at their wonder and surprise.
We took Dad back to the home I drove because Mom hates driving at night and I was the muscle in case Dad decided that he did not want to go back to the home.
Dad was fine, he was happy just to be back in his bed to rest. We felt so bad for having to leave him there. This morning there was a story of a missing woman with Alzheimer's she has been missing 3 days in this cold and that reinforced the fact that Dad is safer in the home.
Sounds like (for the most part) you had a great Christmas!

:biggrin-2:

I've posted this before, but I'm sorry about your Dad. My Mom lingered on with dementia for years. It's tough... hang in there.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Sounds like (for the most part) you had a great Christmas!

:biggrin-2:

I've posted this before, but I'm sorry about your Dad. My Mom lingered on with dementia for years. It's tough... hang in there.
I am sorry for the struggle with your Mom. This is a terrible disease. We apperciates the support. 👍

BigRedFromTexas

I was working at the plant today covering for my replacement that booked the day off. Good to see some of the boys down there.

I found out that this old hand from a company that I used to work at, that was always at the plant picking up loads. I have known hand for like 15 years.

Hand retired two weeks ago. Got his truck sold, he had two buyers for it and he got his hip surgery done this week. Should had it done ten years ago but he is stubborn.

I am happy he is retired I just wish I would have got to Congratulate the old Irish prick!:p
He will be back doing something when he is up and running again, Hand is not the type to just sit around.

We used to just be talking and other drivers would think that there was a fight about to break out.
Hey hand move your ****ing truck you are blocking my whole yard.
Hand would be like, Ya so? If you want my truck moved, you go move the ****ing thing! :thefinger::rolllaugh:
Yup I am going to miss him.
Who the hell is "hand"? LOL

dchawk81

Supporter
I ain't calling anybody "hand."

Actually I don't call them anything except bud or buddy. And if I know their name I call them by it.