No idle ac keeps shutting down after few(1-2) hours.

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
It's not likely a low Freon issue, so don't even worry about that part. It wouldn't ever blow cold if it was. And it's highly unlikely a pressure switch would kill the control panel as well.

Find out what's clicking, and then you'll have an idea what circuit is causing trouble. It's obviously temp related, you should be able to find what's getting hot, as Blood Blood pointed out.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Condenser fan should be on the back of the cab or something like that.

that would make sense since the R4 is the condenser relay.

Chybaka

Okay so finally here's the solution,
Replace all batteries and that's it.
The problem was that every shop would say I have an okay batteries, and they would need to be replaced soon.
So then I went to a friend's shop, and check each battery one by one, turns out I had all 8 fked up batteries.
Now the problem is solved.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
The problem was that every shop would say I have an okay batteries, and they would need to be replaced soon.
So then I went to a friend's shop, and check each battery one by one, turns out I had all 8 fked up batteries.
Thank you for the follow-up.

cookies

hope this helps. hvac sytem blue filter needs to be kept clean and or replaced. i vacuum mine out and keep a backup.. also a hose on pass side fuel gets clogged, shove a (zip tie?) if it wont drain. you might find a booger glob and condensation back-up by the fan under your bunk by the cover, location of the blue filter. another thing you might think about, take it to thermo king once a year to change the lil filter in the heater espar under the bunk cab outside. a dang lil filter that is smaller than a finger will screw w/ your epu system. tk charges$200? or YouTube it and diy
id rather diy and have knowledge and tools is a hobby i didnt know was. thx!

Last edited:

cookies

oh yea, AGM batteries.. a lil bit more $$$. 😁

trucker Rich

I have a 2014 pro star with the no idle system and lost bunk power no ac or heater. So I hot wired the blower motor in order to ac the bunk. The problem is that you must run the engine. I replaced the resisters in the blower motor for $125.00 but it did not fix the problem of powering the sleeper hvac. International will not give me a wiring schematic of the sleeper bunk area.

Richie1981

I have a 2020 LT, and am having the same issue, but don't hear any clicking when it shuts down. I've cleaned the filter under the bunk, but I'm only having the problem when it's over 80 degrees. Correct me if I'm wrong, but i believe that the auto idle system is set up to engage at a certain voltage on the main batteries, but not the secondary batteries. Oh btw my batteries ARE AGM factory installed.

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
Are you referring to the APU as a "no idle"?

If so, Thermo King, Rigmaster, battery powered thing,...?

I don't know much about any of those units but mndriver mndriver probably does.
Or did he kick his "idle" up..

If ya idle it straight which ya aint supposed 2 do anyhow ....its a drain

Plus at start Idle over-working it and oil aint splashing right either.

If so kick the idle up 2/3 hundred rpm and "set" it..

Plus she'll run smoother and quieter too