Newb onboard!!!!!

Rigjockey

In Gord We Trust!
Supporter
Welcome to the forum! We have a few former wrench turners here. They are a valuable resource here. You will be a great addition:thumbsup:

r3gulator3

Yeah, well " I use to be a mechanic".......If I had dollar for every time I heard that one.
I bet you were a darn good one too.

Thanks everyone.
So, people can't get sick of a career they had for twenty years and decide to do something else with their life? Or that stress and arthritis caused them to find something else?

I know not all people who make the claim are truthful but there are some who were damn good at what they did and for one reason or another chose a different path.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Lots of nut crankers turn into truckers. Lots of reasons for that. The biggest reason is we're just so damn cool.

I'm curious how many times you've heard "my [dad, husband, sister] is a mechanic and told me...."? How many of you asked them why that family member ain't fixin' the problem if they know what it is?

Thread starter #13
So, people can't get sick of a career they had for twenty years and decide to do something else with their life? Or that stress and arthritis caused them to find something else?

I know not all people who make the claim are truthful but there are some who were damn good at what they did and for one reason or another chose a different path.

Just the same as if I quit being a truck driver to become a mechanic. I would surely not tell you how to drive.