New to ELD's? Don't forget these two important items

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
From what I read recently, we no longer have to provide them by email, though I haven't verified that.

as for 14 days, not required, but it's a catch 22 for us out here. If we refuse, they could leash the hounds on us during an inspection.
Part 395.24 Driver responsibilities—In general has this to say...

(d) Driver use of ELD. On request by an authorized safety official, a driver must produce and transfer from an ELD the driver's hours-of-service records in accordance with the instruction sheet provided by the motor carrier.

So yeah, the email or FAX (or whatever) method is still required.

Hillbilly Canuck

Well so far I've had a day where I ran 10 hours non stop right down to the minute on my 13 hours so I could get unloaded and not stuck in Alberta all weekend.

Last night I ran 9 straight to cross the bridge and go back on Canadian rules with 20 minutes to spare on my 14 so I wouldn't be stuck in Michigan costing most of a day.....all because a shipper chose to move on paperwork like old people ****.

Oh yeah they're definitely making me safer. I haven't ran so hard since I worked for a bottom feeder flatbed company.

Mike

Staff member
Part 395.24 Driver responsibilities—In general has this to say...

(d) Driver use of ELD. On request by an authorized safety official, a driver must produce and transfer from an ELD the driver's hours-of-service records in accordance with the instruction sheet provided by the motor carrier.

So yeah, the email or FAX (or whatever) method is still required.
That explains why KeepTruckin emailed out a new instruction card for everyone to print out as well as did a last minute app update on the day the mandate went live. Their card cited something in the regs that printing the logs was not required. On the updated card, that is gone.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Day 3...

Biz as usual. Running on recap hours, got just enough to get from Liberal (meat load ready 8 hours before drop dead time) to Memphis yesterday, and down to the Biloxi area today. Hit the Flippin' J in Gulfport as time expired - only had about 7-1/2 hours today. Getting almost 10 hours back at midnight for delivery at Kessler AFB tomorrow morning, and New Orleans at lunch time. No sweat!

Rolled through Mississippi scales south of Southaven on I55 - no questions asked.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Well so far I've had a day where I ran 10 hours non stop right down to the minute on my 13 hours so I could get unloaded and not stuck in Alberta all weekend.

Last night I ran 9 straight to cross the bridge and go back on Canadian rules with 20 minutes to spare on my 14 so I wouldn't be stuck in Michigan costing most of a day.....all because a shipper chose to move on paperwork like old people ****.

Oh yeah they're definitely making me safer. I haven't ran so hard since I worked for a bottom feeder flatbed company.
That used to be one of the biggest things for me trying to get to the border so I could gain those extra few hours to make it home.
It didn't always work sometimes I could only make it 2 hours and shut down in London, ON, But on the bright side it wasn't Michigan:thumbsup:

Skateboard puller

Hozer Witta Hood
That used to be one of the biggest things for me trying to get to the border so I could gain those extra few hours to make it home.
It didn't always work sometimes I could only make it 2 hours and shut down in London, ON, But on the bright side it wasn't Michigan:thumbsup:
There is something about seeing that welcome to Canada sign and making the border
Purely psychological, I know....but it's comforting all the same.