New on forum

Hi everyone! I'm a single, 50yr old company driver with 20yrs OTR van/reefer experience. I have over 1million verifiable safe driving miles. Living in North Carolina. I've been with my present company just over 8yrs. My present company was sold to a large company(name withheld). I'm thinking abt lvg. A friend suggested putting my qualifications on the forum to ask for suggestions. Here are a list of my personal likes and dislikes.
1. No northeast. I'm burnt out.
2. Accustomed to 4wks out 6days off.
3. I have 48 state exp. I prefer not to chain.
4. Request .42+ per mile
5. 70+ truck if possible LOL!
6. Good single person insurance
7. Have exp with manual and automatic transmissions
8. No desire to team, lease purchase, or train.
9. Prefer to run south, mid west, south west, west
10. No slip seating
11. ELD exp
Thanks for all your help! I'm not really ready to get off the road and drive local yet. I wanna give it one more shot!!

gearjammer

jammer
Staff member
Supporter
welcome
some of the members who are company drivers will put in their two cents pretty soon,they can give you much better info that I can

I'm sorry I didn't proofread my thread well b4 posting. I'd like a 70+mph truck if possible. LOL! Not trying to buy any.

GAnthony

Supporter
I'm sorry I didn't proofread my thread well b4 posting. I'd like a 70+mph truck if possible. LOL! Not trying to buy any.
many companies have cut back the speeds due to insurance company demands. smaller companies may have higher speeds, but let me ask you this, can you afford the high dollar speeding tickets, and a possible roadside CSA inspection as well..???

get just ONE speeding ticket, and you could be fired, and then try to find another job after that.

I'm more responsible than that. Speed and operation of a big trk requires maturity. I feel with my length of experience and not one ticket proves I am mature enough to handle it.

many companies have cut back the speeds due to insurance company demands. smaller companies may have higher speeds, but let me ask you this, can you afford the high dollar speeding tickets, and a possible roadside CSA inspection as well..???

get just ONE speeding ticket, and you could be fired, and then try to find another job after that.
Not just that but the fuel savings. Even just a little bit from each truck scales up to a huge amount. The fuel usage goes up exponentially over 60 and productivity doesn't necessarily override the cost in a meaningful way.

Having said that, I'd like to do 70 in VA as well just so I'm not so bored plodding along.

GAnthony

Supporter
I'm more responsible than that. Speed and operation of a big trk requires maturity. I feel with my length of experience and not one ticket proves I am mature enough to handle it.
there is always a first time...many towns have speed traps. what was once for you in the past, does not mean it'll be so in your future.

Latest posts