New driver needs partner

BumbleBee

Please inbox me if you are an experienced professional dedicated by-the-book CR England driver who is willing to drive with a newbie and is swinging by the western PA/NY area.

BumbleBee

They are, but when I posted this my son was adamant that he only drive with the last driver he had because he was impressed with his professionalism and felt safe with him (unlike his experience with an earlier partner who didn't do what he was supposed to and scared him). I thought maybe if I had a name to run by him he'd ask the dispatcher for that person. He's young and headstrong but is a good learner and driver and worker. He's 22, so I stay out of his business but he'd been waiting days. He did finally tell the office he'd drive with anyone. I guess this area is a little too far east and out of CRE's main area of operation.

BumbleBee

That is good to know. When I used to occasionally travel on the major routes within our region I wouldn't see as many CRE trucks as I did some of the other carriers. Maybe there just aren't that many drivers who want to take on a newbie partner, preferring to drive alone and of course some already have partners. It will be good when he gets the experience to be allowed to drive alone. It's not really any of my business, of course.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
Well I mean if he says he ONLY wants to drive with one particular driver (why isn't he still with that driver?) then they're not gonna have anyone for him.

Maybe now that he's being realistic they'll throw him in a truck. If I were him I'd be more concerned with getting my training over with than being particular about partners. CRE has no problem saying "fine, you sit."