Truck Repair Need Help- 2013 Volvo 670 with I-Shift

Status
Not open for further replies.

racip253

One of our drivers has a 2013 Volvo 670 with an I-shift transmission. He took his truck in about two months ago with an issue of randomly losing power, basically he said it would just randomly cut out and all have a total loss of power to where he would have to pull over and then it would go back to normal. Each time it did this happened the check engine light would come on. He's taken it to a local shop a few times now, and the truck has been down for the better part of a month. They first told him in was a sensor, which they replaced and it did nothing, then they said it was the transmission and put a new one in. The truck almost immediately began having the same issue and now issues shifting. This time they said they thought the computer needed to be replaced, our driver happened to know someone with the same exact truck that was wrecked and the person let him have the shop test that theory by hooking that computer up to his truck. It was still having the issue. They then said that it was the transmission again and must have been a manufacturer issue. They went ahead and replaced the transmission again and charged him the full labor for it stating that the warranty only covered the parts, which I don't believe. The truck is STILL having issues and they're now saying that the entire DEF system has to be replaced because the regen light keeps coming on but the truck isn't able to regen, on top of still having the loss of power issue and not shifting the way it should. I think this shop has been ripping him off from the get go and they have no idea what the ACTUAL issue is. Has anyone else had a similar issue with this model truck? What ended up being wrong with it?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.