Need Advise - 2006 KW T600 Water Pump

KievTrans

Hi to all.

Looking for advise , looking to buy a good Water pump for a 2006 KW T600 with C15 Asert MXS 55416 but do not want to pay dealer price , Any suggestions on a good replacement water pump would be greatly appreciated

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
OE is pretty much the most reasonable way to go. Just cheaper doing it right the first time around than taking more downtime for warranty replacement.

nan

Supporter
OE is pretty much the most reasonable way to go. Just cheaper doing it right the first time around than taking more downtime for warranty replacement.
Agreed.

Always gotta remember it's lost revenue, a possibly dissatisfied/lost customer, and maybe a tow in addition to parts and labor.

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Supporter
You bought a truck with a CAT engine. That is the price of CAT pride. They like international spend a lot of money designing stuff so you have to buy parts from them. I wish you luck in your search.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
You bought a truck with a CAT engine. That is the price of CAT pride. They like international spend a lot of money designing stuff so you have to buy parts from them. I wish you luck in your search.
There’s actually not too much “international” to trucks. Mostly body stuff.

I agree with you though.

Cummins, Meritor, Spicer, Sheppard, CAT etc they all have their hand out...

Sure you can go aftermarket but are you further ahead? I’m not convinced either way.

Food for thought