Fuel Economy My new Fleet Air filter has arrived.

Mike

Staff member
Over a month after ordering it from Iowa80, it has finally been assembled and direct shipped to me from Fleet Air.

UPS did a stand up job handling the box clearly marked as “fragile”

DC7A9672-6395-43CB-9318-52D26754B8AA.jpeg

Got home and got it out of the 📦 for inspection. Luckily, it sustained no damage. Pre oiled from the factory and ready to install.

42CEA44B-D30B-4A1A-9519-1F7024CD2EFD.jpeg

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Over a month after ordering it from Iowa80, it has finally been assembled and direct shipped to me from Fleet Air.

UPS did a stand up job handling the box clearly marked as “fragile”

View attachment 48588

Got home and got it out of the 📦 for inspection. Luckily, it sustained no damage. Pre oiled from the factory and ready to install.

View attachment 48589
An extra filter element makes cleaning it go a bunch faster.

Mike

Staff member
An extra filter element makes cleaning it go a bunch faster.
Thinking about getting a 2nd filter just for that reason. I have a nearly new filter in the truck now that I will use to stick in the hole when I bring this one home for cleaning until then.

Last think I want is some squirrel building a nest in the engine with the air filter out, lol.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
I'd like to see you do an oil analysis before and after using this filter.

See what soot and silica levels do.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter

No difference. Running past the recommended cleaning interval won't raise silica - it's set at a pretty conservative level.

Mike

Staff member
Installed the filter today. Raised the hood to start the job, and seen my fuse box cover was gone. It was there just a few days ago when I fueled up.

Can you buy a fuse box cover? Brief online search brought up nothing. I now have a loaf pan taped around it to keep the dirt and crap from getting into it until I can find one. Looks like crap, but better than having the front of the fuse box exposed.

Mike

Staff member

last oil analysis was a couple oil changes ago, but I will be doing one on the next oil change to see what is going on, just to make sure dirt isn't getting inside.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
Installed the filter today. Raised the hood to start the job, and seen my fuse box cover was gone. It was there just a few days ago when I fueled up.

Can you buy a fuse box cover? Brief online search brought up nothing. I now have a loaf pan taped around it to keep the dirt and crap from getting into it until I can find one. Looks like crap, but better than having the front of the fuse box exposed.
Quit loafing around.