My "Last" words to my kid

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
You "stole" my Gas..

Sob emptied my "Jerry Cans"..

Ya needed some "gas" money ASK ME..

Might yell at ya but I'd throw ya $20..

I don't even care about it anymore

Wish you were still "here" 2 steal my gas..

Way better than what me and your Momma gotta do next week

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
I’m sorry to hear this Birch.

My kids scare the hell out of me. Stuff like this is why. We caught my son doing very adult things already and he’s only 13.

People can talk **** all they want and it’s easy to blame parents, but there’s only so much a child hears a parent.

Last edited:

Trucker186

Addiction to anything but especially pills can rip a person apart. I have an achohalic uncle. He's a good person but when he has bad things happen he relapses. You did the right thing and you didn't shun him like many people do. You can't blame yourself for something someone else did. I am very sorry for you my friend. Don't blame yourself. I know this is part of grieving. You'll get through this buddy. I'm here if there's anything I can do for ya tell me.

Fageol

Old acid hauler but not too caustic
Addiction to anything but especially pills can rip a person apart. I have an achohalic uncle. He's a good person but when he has bad things happen he relapses. You did the right thing and you didn't shun him like many people do. You can't blame yourself for something someone else did. I am very sorry for you my friend. Don't blame yourself. I know this is part of grieving. You'll get through this buddy. I'm here if there's anything I can do for ya tell me.
So sorry to hear about your uncle and you and also what I suspect is the condition of Uncle Birchy's son and consequently Uncle Birchy.

Addiction not only rips the addicted but the parents and relatives of the addict. I have a daughter who is trashed by her addicted daughter. That granddaughter might make to her 24th birthday in April next year. There is nothing I can do, so I can't dwell on my daughter's trashed condition or her daughter's choice to be an addict who has tried rehab at least 3 times.

But on the good side, I have a new great-granddaughter (born in June). I'll get to babysit that little gal from time to time and hope that she won't be affected by the current madness for drugs -- her dad is an electrician on the Slope working 2 on and 2 off and her mother is completing her degree at the University of Alaska Anchorage.

I taught her mother, Christine, to drive when she was 12 and that helped Christine to be an independent gal who understood that you have to be responsible to others on the road and in life. The earlier that lesson is learned, the chances are that the better off one will be.

Those driving lessons were 13 years ago on a fairly deserted road behind the Anchorage Airport. I'm 78 and don't know if I'll be around long enough to help this little cutie learn to drive. But I sure would like to make it another 12 years so I can repeat that task. (Here's that great-granddaughter on 12/6 at a birthday party for her uncle; I was holding Charley Rose up so she could see her relatives and what will become her lifelong friends.)

To minimize the possibility of addiction, I'm going to will that great-granddaughter a motorcycle, maybe my IT 425, and hope that she learns to ride it as soon as possible. If that happens, Charley will be so busy with motorcycles that she'll have neither the time nor the money for drugs.

CharlieDon19L06.jpg