Motor Carrier Multiple Intrastate Authorities in the works now

Mike

Staff member
Speaking of Oklahoma, I did screw it up, as expected. Got a form in the mail over the weekend to fill out my LLC info. Got that done and mailed back to them. Gonna give it a couple days then have OOIDA send them my insurance information.

Mike

Staff member
Speaking of Oklahoma, I did screw it up, as expected. Got a form in the mail over the weekend to fill out my LLC info. Got that done and mailed back to them. Gonna give it a couple days then have OOIDA send them my insurance information.
Oklahoma is now done.

With Oklahoma, you have to purchase a sticker that goes on the authority paperwork they send you. So, it’s guaranteed that something has to be done every year to maintain intrastate in Oklahoma.

Mike

Staff member
Little hiccup with Texas.

The Texas comptroller requested that I complete a questionnaire to determine whether I must pay a franchise tax or not.

It was at that point where I learned that the agent listed on my BOC-3 for Texas cannot be used as my Registered Agent in Texas. I did this because many others have done it this way. The only way to find out that this was the wrong way to do it is for Texas to send you a document.

They don’t send you documents when contacting you, they send them to your Registered Agent and they they forward it to you.

It’s a money grab, but nothing that can be done about it.

The processing agent listed on my BOC-3 was nice enough to forward the document to OOIDA, who forwarded it to me with a not that I needed to find a Registered Agent. There’s another $50/year. I found some for $39, but the one I chose for $50 was very simple and has no fees. Paid them the money and also paid them to file a Change Of Registered Agent for me.