More shower questions, etc

Ok, please don’t ban me, if these questions aren’t allowed, I’ll happily withdraw them. Are the showers and Jubitz (Portland) in general worth the hype to a non big truck driver like me? Should me and the Honda wagon stick to the small potatoes places like the Flying J in Aurora? I’m close to Jubitz now and curious and I decided to splurge on one of your FANCY showers since I collected some money that was owed by a client for some tech stuff. And do you guys ever sell your shower credits? I would love to patronize your place much more frequently but at $15 per, it’s a once in a while treat. And I’m not going to wander the parking lot and just ask random truckers if they wanna give me their showers, I would be so embarrassed. Do I need to have a radio in order to ask you properly? I skipped the Miss Manners Guide to Trucking Etiquette, so I need your help filling in the blanks.
In all seriousness though, you all have been a tremendously useful resource and quite lovely to me. I wish I could get you all together and cook up a huge southern breakfast (my specialty) as a token of thanks and send you back out on the road full and happy, with lots of fresh baked cookies.

tommyh

I give my shower credits away if someone needs one but I am on the East Coast
sometimes truckers hang out at the door asking for a shower or get on the cb

Well I gotta hand it to the flying J. When they want to screw up a shower, they’re real good at it. Fire alarms going off the whole time, some weird dude that worked there knocking on the door saying someone told him to clean my shower. Etc, etc, etc. SUPER glad I splurged the $15 (which I absolutely shouldn’t have) on that whole nightmare. So, I don’t think I’ll be doing that anymore, I might as well go to the damn YMCA. 💔💔💔💔

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
Yes you can go to Jubitz. You don't have to stick to the corporate chains like Flying J.
And I’m not going to wander the parking lot and just ask random truckers if they wanna give me their showers, I would be so embarrassed
You'd be mistaken for a prostitute. So definitely don't do that.
Well I gotta hand it to the flying J. When they want to screw up a shower, they’re real good at it. Fire alarms going off the whole time, some weird dude that worked there knocking on the door saying someone told him to clean my shower. Etc, etc, etc. SUPER glad I splurged the $15 (which I absolutely shouldn’t have) on that whole nightmare. So, I don’t think I’ll be doing that anymore, I might as well go to the damn YMCA. 💔💔💔💔
Sounds like some piece of **** watched you go in there and was trying to get you to open the door so he could get in there and rape you.
Truck stops in and around big cities are always full of lowlife trash.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
It’s annoying as all get out trying to shower with a fire alarm going off.

But, you can get used to anything I find

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
It’s annoying as all get out trying to shower with a fire alarm going off.

But, you can get used to anything I find
Flying J truck stops have a habit of burning to the ground if you ain't noticed.

What's it been, three of them in as many years?

Alright. I’m back in Aurora, going to give the Flying J another shot. Even though I shouldn’t spend the cash, I can’t help it, I need some of that restoration of spirit and soul that only a shower can give me. And I’m too lazy to sit and push the hot water button at the YMCA for 45 minutes.
I went to the TA across the street last night in the search for hot tea (a black tea, not oolong or some a Earl Gray granny ****) and while I scored on some lovely breakfast blend and I adored the lids on their hot drink cups, OMG, the entire store was disgustingly filthy. I would NEVER take a shower there or eat any kind of foodstuff they prepare without expecting a hearty helping of rat feces or insect carcasses. The ham bean bag behind the counter was much too busy trying to seduce the guys running the gas pumps to be of any help behind the counter, or god forbid, maybe empty a trash can or wipe up some spilled coffee. The gas pump guys came inside and when I wished aloud for milk for my tea (they had no milk in the store period, not that I’d have drank it) one of them went to the sales floor and came back with, I **** you not, a bottle of YooHoo. I’m really not hoity toity or some fancy lady, but JFC.... lets just start with YooHoo isn’t ****ing milk, never mind the chocolate part.
Anyways, I’ve been laughing to myself about that all day. There’s a sweatshirt at the Flying J I found with a picture of a truck on it and it says something about being “a truckers wife”.
I also find it amusing and you guys and girls have all been so kind, I’m going to buy it and wear it out of the shower tonight. Despite the fact that I am definitely not married, nor married to a trucker. But, hey, at this point, I’d probably marry the whole lot of you. I’ll post a post shower pic in my new sweatshirt, and thank you again for your words of wisdom and encouragement. I wish you knew how much it means to me and keeps me going. ❤❤

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Alright. I’m back in Aurora, going to give the Flying J another shot. Even though I shouldn’t spend the cash, I can’t help it, I need some of that restoration of spirit and soul that only a shower can give me. And I’m too lazy to sit and push the hot water button at the YMCA for 45 minutes.
I went to the TA across the street last night in the search for hot tea (a black tea, not oolong or some a Earl Gray granny ****) and while I scored on some lovely breakfast blend and I adored the lids on their hot drink cups, OMG, the entire store was disgustingly filthy. I would NEVER take a shower there or eat any kind of foodstuff they prepare without expecting a hearty helping of rat feces or insect carcasses. The ham bean bag behind the counter was much too busy trying to seduce the guys running the gas pumps to be of any help behind the counter, or god forbid, maybe empty a trash can or wipe up some spilled coffee. The gas pump guys came inside and when I wished aloud for milk for my tea (they had no milk in the store period, not that I’d have drank it) one of them went to the sales floor and came back with, I **** you not, a bottle of YooHoo. I’m really not hoity toity or some fancy lady, but JFC.... lets just start with YooHoo isn’t ****ing milk, never mind the chocolate part.
Anyways, I’ve been laughing to myself about that all day. There’s a sweatshirt at the Flying J I found with a picture of a truck on it and it says something about being “a truckers wife”.
I also find it amusing and you guys and girls have all been so kind, I’m going to buy it and wear it out of the shower tonight. Despite the fact that I am definitely not married, nor married to a trucker. But, hey, at this point, I’d probably marry the whole lot of you. I’ll post a post shower pic in my new sweatshirt, and thank you again for your words of wisdom and encouragement. I wish you knew how much it means to me and keeps me going. ❤❤
Whoa.

You got something against earl grey tea?

I suggest you let that one marinate :D

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
With your ability to articulate, you should review more truck stops. 😁

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
Sinister does a pretty good job too. maybe they could team up like Siskel and Ebert on the Youtubes. :D
For some reason he can't do it any more. Something about a lack of anonymity.

My favorite was his review of the Pilot in Kearney, MO 🤣

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
I just looked for the one I left a while back for the Coffee Cup in Steele, ND.

I talked about how it sells beer and things like MD 20/20 if anyone needed bait to fish a woman out of the trailer park behind the place.

It’s not there anymore.

And those are actual houses, not trailers. I’m not sure if that’s better or worse. And I don’t think the place sells MD20/20...

Anyway it seems they’re moderating Truckers Path now.

Worlds going to hell.

cant have ANY fun anymore.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
I just looked for the one I left a while back for the Coffee Cup in Steele, ND.

I talked about how it sells beer and things like MD 20/20 if anyone needed bait to fish a woman out of the trailer park behind the place.

It’s not there anymore.

And those are actual houses, not trailers. I’m not sure if that’s better or worse. And I don’t think the place sells MD20/20...

Anyway it seems they’re moderating Truckers Path now.

Worlds going to hell.

cant have ANY fun anymore.
From one of the pumpkin videos.

IMG_20190607_131438.jpg

Latest posts