Minimum truck spec

dchawk81

Stop and think a minute! Knowing how many brain dead SWH's will just move over when they see the flash, are you telling me it's a good idea to have trucks moving over that close in front of you? The way to making it into the multi-million mile club is minimizing risks, do you think your way is the least risky way?:eek:
A brain dead Swift did that to me today without my flash, actually. I couldn't even read the trailer plate.

Might have been Injun. She don't need no help. [emoji6]

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Supporter
Yes I wish I had interrupts but I don't. And I'm not gonna reach for the dash switch every time. Not only are the lights on a fade delay but I'd get a hunchback from all the stooping. [emoji6]
Compared to you, I'm an old man. I put 850k+ plus on my last truck in just under 6 years, and it had no interrupt either. You know how many times I used to brights at night? ZERO. And I can promise I worked way harder loading cars than you do dragging your cans around, and still had the energy to use the switch, EVERY DANG TIME!

And just so you know, moving around once in a while when driving is good thing.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
A brain dead Swift did that to me today without my flash, actually. I couldn't even read the trailer plate.

Might have been Injun. She don't need no help. [emoji6]
I don't run northeast because of jackasses who think they know the dimensions of my truck better than I do.

And there's a reason I have over 1.25 million safe miles. No, the drunk driver did not count against me.

Having you engines tuned for the power end of factory settings is not significant.

It's nothing to order a truck with 2050 torque. @JunkYardDog5958 is tuned for an easy 515 up and 1850 torque in a factory series 60 12.7. I'm tuned to 2100 torque.

Both of them factory stock tunes.

Now if we were running Aussie tunes or a stationary tune, it might be something different.

We run those settings because they save time. Constantly fighting over hills burns you 14 hour clock and reduces what you have for driving.

@JunkYardDog5958 commented he's not running any faster, but he's not driving nearly as long for the same miles. Some days, extending his daily range 90-100 miles daily. For no more work or lost fuel mileage.

He's in an old Werner truck and I've got an old pride transport truck.

And yet, for maintenance and lack of skill, fleets are castrating trucks back so far that they can put any wheel holder in it and know they won't burn up an engine.
I have been rolling past trucks since we put new engine with turbo and manifold on and that was just on cruise at 65-70. The same companies I'd been running side by side with up and down hills now I walk away from. Keep in mind since engine been in I've felt something not quite right. Well temps warmed outside and egt raised its ugly head. Keep in mind you couldn't hear this while driving as my stacks are beside me in my classic

37795.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: