Minimum truck spec

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Freightliner doesn't have an interrup for the head lamps they have flash to pass. It's the way the truck is designed. PACCAR products have interrupt, not sure about binder. I appreciate lights when passing weather flash or interrupt, especially in weather like heavy rain and snow.
Well then Freightliner needs to issue a massive recall.

dchawk81

You slow pokes think it's no big deal for someone to pass you.

Yeah maybe at 3AM out west somewhere..
In real life the interstates are so crowded that every time a slow truck is ahead, by the time you have a gap in the steady flow of 80 mph car traffic in the hammer lane you're down to the slowpoke's speed, then you gotta hammer on it, wasting fuel. Then by the time you're far enough past the slow truck you can get back over without cutting in too closely, the ass hole 4 wheelers are cutting in there and passing on the right.

I put one on the shoulder on purpose once because I'd had my right signal on before he even cut over to pass on the right.

Can't do that any more because every dipshit and his brother has a dash cam these days.

WTF are you talking about?

Are you describing some kind of super ultra mega ECM programming douchebaggery, or just a seriously delayed response by the retardomatic trans?
Probably a seriously delayed response. [emoji1]

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
You slow pokes think it's no big deal for someone to pass you.

Yeah maybe at 3AM out west somewhere..
In real life the interstates are so crowded that every time a slow truck is ahead, by the time you have a gap in the steady flow of 80 mph car traffic in the hammer lane you're down to the slowpoke's speed, then you gotta hammer on it, wasting fuel. Then by the time you're far enough past the slow truck you can get back over without cutting in too closely, the ass hole 4 wheelers are cutting in there and passing on the right.

I put one on the shoulder on purpose once because I'd had my right signal on before he even cut over to pass on the right.

Can't do that any more because every dipshit and his brother has a dash cam these days.

WTF are you talking about?

Are you describing some kind of super ultra mega ECM programming douchebaggery, or just a seriously delayed response by the retardomatic trans?
Probably a good thing you're retired to th' barn...

o_O

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Supporter
WTH? Did someone change the channel to the Dark Side's New Driver section, again?

:stirpot2:

Anyone who fails to acknowledge that the daily turtle races are a safety issue, given the crowding common on many interstates, is being intentionally obtuse.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
WTH? Did someone change the channel to the Dark Side's New Driver section, again?

:stirpot2:

Anyone who fails to acknowledge that the daily turtle races are a safety issue, given the crowding common on many interstates, is being intentionally obtuse.
See, you got it backwards. Its th' billybigrig speed demons who are th' safety hazard.

:stirpot:

Jes ask any turtle trucker.

o_O

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Supporter
See, you got it backwards. Its th' billybigrig speed demons who are th' safety hazard.

:stirpot:

Jes ask any turtle trucker.

o_O
It's the same old story. Everyone faster is an idiot, anyone who drives on roads they won't has a death wish. God forbid a driver admit someone might be more skilled than themselves.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
I'm not gonna argue about this. I know my equipment. You don't. No matter what i say you'll have an "expert" retort. I've done nothing but night driving since starting and we all choose whether flicking highs real quick or dimming works better for our equipment.

Professionals appreciate the effort either way and don't ***** about a courtesy.

I've flicked probably 30 trucks so far tonight and every single one hit their markers, four ways, or opposite turn signal as a thank you.

End.
You have a light switch, same as everybody else. Brightsing somebody, especially on dark, poorly marked roads like PA is stupid. I don't need your "help" if that's what you're going to do. I'm a professional. I know the dimensions of my truck.
And just so you know, after a truck returns right, if he or she gives you a single left blink, that is pretty much the opposite of thank you.

We know these races are going to happen, usually because the passee can't be bothered to back out of it a little or the passer chose to go left at the bottom of the hill and is loaded heavier or geared differently than the passee. We know this is going to go on. I drive primarily in a state where the truck speed limit tops out at 60 mph. I can't think of any company governed below that. Yet, we still get the "turtle" races...and it's not just big-box mega fleets involved. Here, it's usually ag trucks hauling hay or apples or whatever. They're going to be slower on hills and sometimes, there will be one passing another. We're professionals. We adjust.

Or.... don't.

i don't understand the complaint on getting a flash over. i only drive at night. i get flashed over probably a hundred times a week. my vision is fine, i've never lost control of the truck or anything remotely close.

truth is 99.9% of us are all fully aware of our trucks dimensions and don't need the "help". id like to think most are comfortable enough with their ability to simply return a thanks, as it is the thought that counts. no one is flashing you over bc they think you can't drive.

i find it funny how petty some "professionals" really are.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Thread starter #57
You're ok with people dragging their feet in front of you, causing a work slowdown so you can't get the amount of work you expected in for the day?

Walking in front of you, blocking your path and way at the grocery store or wherever else you might be as well?

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
You're ok with people dragging their feet in front of you, causing a work slowdown so you can't get the amount of work you expected in for the day?

Walking in front of you, blocking your path and way at the grocery store or wherever else you might be as well?
There's both a maximum and minimum speed limit on closed access highways: as long as you're between those speeds you're legal.

The rest is billybigrig whining.

**** poor planning on your part does not constitute a reason for me to change my operations plan for the day, including the speed I intend to use.

Rigjockey

In Gord We Trust!
Supporter
There's both a maximum and minimum speed limit on closed access highways: as long as you're between those speeds you're legal.

**** poor planning on your part does not constitute a reason for me to change my operations plan for the day, including the speed I intend to use.
YUP!

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Supporter

That right there, is a fine example of the New Breed Creed.

It is not BBR whining to expect that if you can't run speed limit, you need to stay the hell out of the way. It's called courtesy. How silly of me to expect that!

And because I know how that^ will get twisted, if you don't understand the difference between a pass and staying the hell out of the way, this whole thread is a lost cause. I'll gladly slow down to let someone out to pass. Y'all know what a pass is, right? Moving to the left and quickly overtaking another vehicle. Spending 5 minutes in the passing lane at 10-15 mph less than the speed limit isn't a pass, that's what used to known as impeding traffic, and is now known as "I have the right to drive as I want."

You selfish ****s!:mad: