Minimum truck spec

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Thread starter #21
If you're *****ing about this its because you're driving beyond your abilities, and not paying attention. Otherwise, you'd deal with it, and get on down the road.
Right.

I maintain my speed and in the meantime, you are the roadblock.

Makes you the hazard, not me.

Especially when you start piling your white elephant bretheren together.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Thread starter #25
No it wasn't.

I had to detour to make my delivery that night because of that accident.

Three of the people at the receiver were first responders that spent the day on that accident. Rather interesting discussion with them.

Yes, weather was a contributing factor, but the problem was speed differentials.

And packs of trucks the running together.

Most of that accident could have been avoided had it not been for packs of trucks running without the ability to pull slight grades.

Rigjockey

In Gord We Trust!
Supporter
The Glaring difference between old school wide open truckers and today's truckers.
Back in the day some slo-mo would pull out in the left lane and we would just back out of it, we can pass anytime when they move to the right not a big deal.
Today the wide open lack the class to have some patience and understanding.
If you want to be a big boy then act like one.

dchawk81

No it wasn't.

I had to detour to make my delivery that night because of that accident.

Three of the people at the receiver were first responders that spent the day on that accident. Rather interesting discussion with them.

Yes, weather was a contributing factor, but the problem was speed differentials.

And packs of trucks the running together.

Most of that accident could have been avoided had it not been for packs of trucks running without the ability to pull slight grades.
Calling BS. I'm a slow ass, and there are lots of other slow asses. We get passed like we're sitting still and nothing else happens.

Supertruckers (the good ones) have even seen me able to pass an even slower (usually heavier) slow ass and given me the highs to get in front of them first, I get over in the right lane once I'm clear, and they zoom by. I thank them with my highs, they flash their your welcomes, and we all continue to not wreck.

It's called professionalism.

I have CRengland stickers for the back of my trailer...Like no one messes with me///I can drive as slow as i want!!...

If I bypass my governor and do 90, I put on the fed-ex stickers....

Ranger_375

You have a light switch, right? Takes the same amount of effort yet doesn't blast other drivers through the square feet of mirrors we have.

Unsurprising you don't know about visual purple and how one bright blast costs half an hour of low light adapted vision.

dchawk81

I'm not gonna argue about this. I know my equipment. You don't. No matter what i say you'll have an "expert" retort. I've done nothing but night driving since starting and we all choose whether flicking highs real quick or dimming works better for our equipment.

Professionals appreciate the effort either way and don't ***** about a courtesy.

I've flicked probably 30 trucks so far tonight and every single one hit their markers, four ways, or opposite turn signal as a thank you.

End.

r3gulator3

Freightliner doesn't have an interrup for the head lamps they have flash to pass. It's the way the truck is designed. PACCAR products have interrupt, not sure about binder. I appreciate lights when passing weather flash or interrupt, especially in weather like heavy rain and snow.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Thread starter #39
I'm not gonna argue about this. I know my equipment. You don't. No matter what i say you'll have an "expert" retort. I've done nothing but night driving since starting and we all choose whether flicking highs real quick or dimming works better for our equipment.

Professionals appreciate the effort either way and don't ***** about a courtesy.

I've flicked probably 30 trucks so far tonight and every single one hit their markers, four ways, or opposite turn signal as a thank you.

End.
Professionals would interrupt their lights instead of flash. High beams blind people when you are looking in the mirror to see if it's safe to pull over. Effectively making them a temporary hazard because of YOUR actions.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
You slow pokes think it's no big deal for someone to pass you.

Yeah maybe at 3AM out west somewhere..
In real life the interstates are so crowded that every time a slow truck is ahead, by the time you have a gap in the steady flow of 80 mph car traffic in the hammer lane you're down to the slowpoke's speed, then you gotta hammer on it, wasting fuel. Then by the time you're far enough past the slow truck you can get back over without cutting in too closely, the ass hole 4 wheelers are cutting in there and passing on the right.

I put one on the shoulder on purpose once because I'd had my right signal on before he even cut over to pass on the right.

Can't do that any more because every dipshit and his brother has a dash cam these days.

Our automatics do that. They go in neutral and coast until they're down to about 55 or so then kick back into gear and up to 60 again.

My New Jersey automatic is better about holding 60 but the rest of the fleet is programmed to coast every chance they get.

The manuals don't do it. Obviously.
WTF are you talking about?

Are you describing some kind of super ultra mega ECM programming douchebaggery, or just a seriously delayed response by the retardomatic trans?