Mileage compensation issue (happen to you?)

crapgame44

Hi Guys,
Been with a company almost 3 years now. Overall, company has been very good. My mileage rate is excellant, no complaints . I’m getting 3000 miles a week consistently also . But recently my dispatch told me that they switched to the PC Miler program . Well since I always double check my actual mileage I compared to my pay statement I noticed I was getting shorted in my empty miles driven . I then probed a little deeper and found out that company is now not paying us for the first empty 50 miles. It really pissed me off at first but stepping back and looking at big picture I’m still doing very good . So I was wondering if any of your driving experience was similar in reference to not getting paid on the first 50 or however many miles. I’m with my 4 th company and have never heard of NOT getting paid on any empty miles. Just wondering Thx

Mike

Staff member
I've heard of this before, but never had a situation personally where I didn't get paid all miles as a company driver.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
Hi Guys,
Been with a company almost 3 years now. Overall, company has been very good. My mileage rate is excellant, no complaints . I’m getting 3000 miles a week consistently also . But recently my dispatch told me that they switched to the PC Miler program . Well since I always double check my actual mileage I compared to my pay statement I noticed I was getting shorted in my empty miles driven . I then probed a little deeper and found out that company is now not paying us for the first empty 50 miles. It really pissed me off at first but stepping back and looking at big picture I’m still doing very good . So I was wondering if any of your driving experience was similar in reference to not getting paid on the first 50 or however many miles. I’m with my 4 th company and have never heard of NOT getting paid on any empty miles. Just wondering Thx
in my earlier years, i never had this problem, i always got paid all empty miles.

but then too, for the past couple or so decades, i run dedicated, so i get paid loaded or empty.

you might want to start looking for another job.

but then too, on your 4th job..?

how many years in-between each job?

that in of itself won't be doing you any favors job hunting....if short times at each employer.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Just a carrier trying to shift expense to a driver and rip them off.

No, you should not be driving for free.

Bad enough drivers get shorted on hhg or practical miles.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
you might want to start looking for another job.

but then too, on your 4th job..?

how many years in-between each job?

that in of itself won't be doing you any favors job hunting....if short times at each employer.
Maybe it was that way back in the day. Nowadays job hopping is not a big deal. Companies always looking for Good drivers.
I was a job hopper and never been out of work unless i wanted to be.
I am on my third year at this company

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Yah my pay will be maxed out, my 401k will vest, and I'll get maximum vacation come November. November is 3 years.

Most places wonder why you're still around at 3 years. 🤤😂
I get paid hub miles and maxed out my vacation last year in my second year. Took a 9 day vacation at one point (which was only 5 days off work, really) and two shorter stints to have surgeries.

Regarding mileage pay, sadly it’s normal if a company uses a software system for a certain percentage to fall off.

We have a policy they take fairly seriously that you are NOT to work without being compensated.

Overall I think this is probably one of very few industries where you can work, not get paid, and everyone just sort of accepts it.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
I get paid hub miles and maxed out my vacation last year in my second year. Took a 9 day vacation at one point (which was only 5 days off work, really) and two shorter stints to have surgeries.

Regarding mileage pay, sadly it’s normal if a company uses a software system for a certain percentage to fall off.

We have a policy they take fairly seriously that you are NOT to work without being compensated.

Overall I think this is probably one of very few industries where you can work, not get paid, and everyone just sort of accepts it.
We seem to get paid Google miles. 😏

IOW it's pretty accurate unless you gotta go around something. Like a low bridge.

Latest posts