Middle East Conflicts Wall Memorial - No Trucks

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
You can see the sign on I-80 for it. I bet every one of you has wondered if you can get in there with a truck, so I went and scoped it out today on the bike.

The answer is no. There are "no trucks deliveries only" signs. So I guess if you are a combat vet and really need to make a pilgrimage, park at one of the truck stops at exit 93 and call an Uber.

20190919_184026.jpg

20190919_184008.jpg

20190919_181538.jpg

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
This is the middle east conflicts museum. It was closed, so I don't know what is in there.

20190919_183256.jpg

Illinois River

20190919_181507.jpg

20190919_182535.jpg

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
20190919_180927.jpg

There are 15 of these.

All the Colon Powells and the John Boltons and the presidents and top military brass and the billionaire defense contractors who have kept this war going for 18 years should be required to read all those names out loud and any of them who can do it with dry eyes should be impeached, fired, banned from public service or just simply shot.

20190919_180129.jpg

Mike

Staff member
All the Colon Powells and the John Boltons and the presidents and top military brass and the billionaire defense contractors who have kept this war going for 18 years should be required to read all those names out loud and any of them who can do it with dry eyes should be impeached, fired, banned from public service or just simply shot.
It is a damn shame that it has went this long. Might sound crude, but some placed you just gotta hit hard and leave. Middle East is one of those places, as the fighting will never end. Just a matter of how long you want to stay there and be a part of it.

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
Names are easy to look up. There's a touch screen. You type the first three letters of the last name and hit search and it'll have a list. You can also search by home town and some other ways. It's hard to read the screen though because it's really dim.

But it'll tell you which panel and what row the name is at. I found two of them rather quickly.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
well i CAN understand that.

after-all, there was a what, CRST truck that drove up on the jersey shore boardwalk, by following his GPS?

those pavers leading all around that memorial may too make a GPS think that it is a road.

seriously though, how many memorials have actual truck parking?

Duck

Custom title
Supporter
seriously though, how many memorials have actual truck parking?
None that I'm aware of.

I was going to scout around looking for a place to park a truck for an hour or so within walking distance but I was running out of daylight and I was ultra paranoid by the 37,567 deer I saw on the way there.

Seneca is deer central. All along that Dupont Rd east of Seneca and River Rd west of it. South side of the river.

Last edited:

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
That looks like a real nice memorial. Nice to see they incorporated some tech so as to make a search easier.

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
What he didn’t post were two guys I knew who’s names he sent me.

I could probably spend an hour just looking up panel numbers of folks I knew who were gone. If they included the suicides and medical issue deaths that happened after that wall would be 10x what it is.

Like I said in the September 11th post. There are days I really wish I could forget.