Weather Report: Massive Winter Storm from Midwest to Northeast this Weekend thru Monday

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
A powerful winter storm is expected to dump snow and ice across the Midwest and Northeast this weekend.

Early indications suggest wintry precipitation is possibly Saturday as the winter storm transitions from Midwest states to the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast, while heavy snow could fall in some areas.

We noted on Monday how the Global Forecast System (GFS) data shows Old Man Winter will return to the Northeast on Friday with average temperatures from Washington, D.C., to Boston around 25 to 34 degrees.

This could make conditions ripe for a snowstorm over the weekend.

The National Weather Service (NWS) is projecting that snow and ice could be seen on early Saturday for Mid-Atlantic states, with mixed precipitation in the afternoon. The further north, the higher the probability of significant snowfall.

"Although confidence continues to increase on the potential for a winter storm for parts of our area (above average confidence for this time range, in fact), it is still too early to get into specifics on timing and amounts of different precipitation types given ... this is still 4 to 5 days away," NWS said Tuesday.

Henry Margusity, a meteorologist for Weather Madness, provides several weather charts that indicate the storm could quickly impact tens of millions of folks in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast this weekend.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Temp has dropped 15° here in Minneapolis in an hour
Yeah, wife and dad are telling me to stay out here in Idaho.

I got a load that finals in Chicagoland over the weekend.

All going to farms so call for 7-day a week delivery.

Be interesting to see how this load plays out on me weather-wise

IMG_20200115_145904147~2.jpg

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Yeah, wife and dad are telling me to stay out here in Idaho.

I got a load that finals in Chicagoland over the weekend.

All going to farms so call for 7-day a week delivery.

Be interesting to see how this load plays out on me weather-wise

View attachment 56601
Looks like you're going to look out and just catch the very bottom of it for the most part. Although the way you're running their you're going to have to cross that ice band somewhere

Mike

Staff member
A powerful winter storm is expected to dump snow and ice across the Midwest and Northeast this weekend.

Early indications suggest wintry precipitation is possibly Saturday as the winter storm transitions from Midwest states to the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast, while heavy snow could fall in some areas.

We noted on Monday how the Global Forecast System (GFS) data shows Old Man Winter will return to the Northeast on Friday with average temperatures from Washington, D.C., to Boston around 25 to 34 degrees.

This could make conditions ripe for a snowstorm over the weekend.

The National Weather Service (NWS) is projecting that snow and ice could be seen on early Saturday for Mid-Atlantic states, with mixed precipitation in the afternoon. The further north, the higher the probability of significant snowfall.

"Although confidence continues to increase on the potential for a winter storm for parts of our area (above average confidence for this time range, in fact), it is still too early to get into specifics on timing and amounts of different precipitation types given ... this is still 4 to 5 days away," NWS said Tuesday.

Henry Margusity, a meteorologist for Weather Madness, provides several weather charts that indicate the storm could quickly impact tens of millions of folks in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast this weekend.
Thanks, I was planning gob posting this, now it’s one less thing I have to do.

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Thanks, I was planning gob posting this, now it’s one less thing I have to do.
I gotta go back to Wisconsin my next load....

Trying to route "South" and Ahead although @Mike the Chips looking "Down" either way