Maggie

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
Oh, and she gained two ounces in two days. That's a lot when you only weigh 66 ounces to start with.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
I understand she's been running around like a puppy since my friend went to pick her up from the vet. I'm on the road at the moment. I'll be home this evening.
Once the pain from the surgery wears off and she's back to full health, it will be time to teach sit, stay, lay down, etc.. Her brain might be the size of a half of a peanut, but she does show intelligence. Must have lots of folds.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
She's getting better. It's a slow process with a few slight setbacks. But overall, she just keeps improving.

I have a waggy-tail doggie most times. When she's not pouting because I won't give her the tuna casserole instead of her food.
Some people- most people I think- say my tuna casserole isn’t even fit to feed to a dog

That’s fine

More for me that way :D

It’s amazing how animals bounce back once they’re safe and stable. She’ll do great in your hands!

SueAnn

Supporter
She's getting better. It's a slow process with a few slight setbacks. But overall, she just keeps improving.

I have a waggy-tail doggie most times. When she's not pouting because I won't give her the tuna casserole instead of her food.
Taking in such a sick little dog says a lot about your character. I am such an advocat for animals and wish each one could find a forever home like the one you're proving for this little sweetie who's had a bad beginning. She'll keep improving because she's loved by you. Every day is a gift with an animal and her future days are only going to be brighter....finally! :bowdown:

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
She's well enough to start training. Since she's deaf, that will be a bit more of a challenge, but she's very intelligent. Just need to figure out which signs to use for what. I already have her returning to me with a "round 'em up" sign pointing at the ground. That didn't take long at all. She doesn't let me out of her sight for long.

Mike

Staff member
She's well enough to start training. Since she's deaf, that will be a bit more of a challenge, but she's very intelligent. Just need to figure out which signs to use for what. I already have her returning to me with a "round 'em up" sign pointing at the ground. That didn't take long at all. She doesn't let me out of her sight for long.
She is deaf and has not teeth. You sure you didn't pick her up over in my neck of the woods? ;)

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
Damn now I know where to hunt for wimmin.
that's right and even though (by your own admission months ago) that you are a very short person, they will be grateful all the same.

they could actually get away with saying...."my little man".....

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
MicroMutt has gained 8 oz since her first vet visit 10 days ago. She's tipping the scale at a whopping 4 lb 10 oz now. This is great progress.

She's learning hand signals very quickly, too. Like any dog, she gets distracted by smells. I wave my hand in front of her like we used to do to each other as kids when we'd ask, "Is anybody home in there?" to distract her attention. When she looks at me, I point my finger at the ground and swing my arm in the direction I want her to go. She caught onto that right away.

I get into the truck to a happy, tail-waggy dog almost every time I step out now. This is also great progress from the terrified, unsure dog I brought in the house a couple of weeks ago. She is beginning to walk with her tail out instead of tucked, too. Lots of good things happening.

Shreck

MicroMutt has gained 8 oz since her first vet visit 10 days ago. She's tipping the scale at a whopping 4 lb 10 oz now. This is great progress.

She's learning hand signals very quickly, too. Like any dog, she gets distracted by smells. I wave my hand in front of her like we used to do to each other as kids when we'd ask, "Is anybody home in there?" to distract her attention. When she looks at me, I point my finger at the ground and swing my arm in the direction I want her to go. She caught onto that right away.

I get into the truck to a happy, tail-waggy dog almost every time I step out now. This is also great progress from the terrified, unsure dog I brought in the house a couple of weeks ago. She is beginning to walk with her tail out instead of tucked, too. Lots of good things happening.
Current pictures?