Lyft is cool

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Yeah it's cold, creepy, and stinks.
That's only in Hamilton. Kinda the way Bethlehem, PA used to stink when Bethlehem steel was still open.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
On the topic of ride sharing. The Danny Devito sized Brazilian guy drives for UBER and I think LYFT on his off time.
He makes some pretty good money but, He has a Mercedes Benz. He gets more money because of the class of car.
I think he only keeps his trucking job for the health benefits. (prescriptions and what not).
I think my next move will be too more precarious work like UBER, UBER eats, Amazon Flex. Were I can work at times of my choosing.

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
On the topic of ride sharing. The Danny Devito sized Brazilian guy drives for UBER and I think LYFT on his off time.
He makes some pretty good money but, He has a Mercedes Benz. He gets more money because of the class of car.
I think he only keeps his trucking job for the health benefits. (prescriptions and what not).
I think my next move will be too more precarious work like UBER, UBER eats, Amazon Flex. Were I can work at times of my choosing.
Check carefully into Uber. They still weren't making money, last I saw. I wouldn’t invest much into depending on them until that changes.

Electric Chicken

Supporter
After deducting fuel I only made $90 a day. That was Uber and Lyft combined with an app that could run them both simultaneously. I used my 2017 Fusion.

IMG_20170723_183839.jpg

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
After deducting fuel I only made $90 a day. That was Uber and Lyft combined with an app that could run them both simultaneously. I used my 2017 Fusion.

View attachment 52994
I can see how that worked out for you if you were working in your area.
The difference is that Toronto has about 3 million people, most of them do not drive or own a car. They depend on transit or ridesharing.
it's a bigger market than you were in.

r3gulator3

IMA KEEP IT REDNECK
Supporter
My ex wife did Uber and Lyft for two years in Omaha NE. Grossed about 600 for Friday Saturday and Sunday nights. After fuel and taxes that left about 425. Better than any part time minimum wage job.

Electric Chicken

Supporter
I can see how that worked out for you if you were working in your area.
The difference is that Toronto has about 3 million people, most of them do not drive or own a car. They depend on transit or ridesharing.
it's a bigger market than you were in.
Yeah I bounced around different cities and combined it still wasn't enough.

Decided to see what was up by downloading the passenger apps. Lots of cars sitting.

You can't work MD as a PA driver so Baltimore and DC were a no-go.

Electric Chicken

Supporter
Then I saw a former Uber Fusion for sale and decided I didn't want to do that to my car. So I stopped altogether.

Then traded the Fusion for the Jeep. 🙄

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
@r3gulator3 suggested I use this
It works pretty easily.

The first driver today was a young black lady, which is cool, no issues here with that. From Chicago. We chatted about driving styles and travelling and a bunch of stuff. Hip hop blasting from the speakers, again, whatever.

The parade that was happening, I asked her if she knew what it was about

Her words- “I don’t see any of my people here, so it’s not for us, obviously”
:oops:

Wow, ok. So that was a little awkward.

She then went on to tell me her 2 year old black neighbour was playing in the backyard. The white neighbour on the other sod said to the parents “best get that n***** baby inside before I go get a gun”
:oops:

SUPER nice lady...but wow...

Guy that took me home was chill.

Thanks @r3gulator3
Can I hold a sawd_off 2 your 💀 and duct tape ya ......

Rob ya Blind throw ya in the trunk then go Northside Milwaukee and Torch it

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
Can I hold a sawd_off 2 your 💀 and duct tape ya ......

Rob ya Blind throw ya in the trunk then go Northside Milwaukee and Torch it
C'mon @AK7 they don't know about "Kill_Waukee". ..

Twice the Murder rate of Chicago..

Milwaukee gets no "Street" Cred on Sean Hannity..

Bet ya listen 2 Mark Belling though