Lyft is cool

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
@r3gulator3 suggested I use this
It works pretty easily.

The first driver today was a young black lady, which is cool, no issues here with that. From Chicago. We chatted about driving styles and travelling and a bunch of stuff. Hip hop blasting from the speakers, again, whatever.

The parade that was happening, I asked her if she knew what it was about

Her words- “I don’t see any of my people here, so it’s not for us, obviously”
:oops:

Wow, ok. So that was a little awkward.

She then went on to tell me her 2 year old black neighbour was playing in the backyard. The white neighbour on the other sod said to the parents “best get that n***** baby inside before I go get a gun”

SUPER nice lady...but wow...

Guy that took me home was chill.

Thanks @r3gulator3

r3gulator3

Eurotruck race enthusiast
Supporter
It works pretty easily.

The first driver today was a young black lady, which is cool, no issues here with that. From Chicago. We chatted about driving styles and travelling and a bunch of stuff. Hip hop blasting from the speakers, again, whatever.

She then went on to tell me her 2 year old black neighbour was playing in the backyard. The white neighbour on the other sod said to the parents “best get that n***** baby inside before I go get a gun”

Thanks @r3gulator3
Yeah I used Lyft last night to get to Savannah. It’s about a 20 mile ride from the truck stop to vinnies. Before Lyft and Uber the cab ride was $63 + tip. My Lyft ride was 28 bucks. A young former soldier named Isaiah picked me up. We too talked about driving, the army, he works in corrections and we talked about that some. He wants to go into HVAC repair. Seriously the 30 minute car ride was almost too short I was having fun talking to him. I met up with a friend in Savannah and he gave me a ride back to the truck so I saved a little there.

Glad it worked out for you man. I have been using it for the last 3 years or so. Always cheaper than a cab and usually the people driving are friendly and tend to in my opinion drive safer than most the cabs I have been in.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Also the parade was probably for Veterans Day coming up.
It was soldiers day or something at the Alamo. The parade was I think mostly veterans but there may have been active duty mixed in.

There was a lot of service personnel walking around in uniform. I could be wrong but I think there must be a base or a training camp nearby

Saw everyone from cadets to Eagle Scouts to active military to a Marine in dress blues. All in sharp uniforms, no sloppy BDUs. Everyone had a cover too

There was a vet at the Alamo among other re-enactors who was a military history buff. He had all his Vietnam era gear there. Very cool guy, he said he served from 1970 until 2006. Very knowledgeable too.

He seconded the advice I’ve been given to visit Washington DC, and all the monuments.

Another Englishman was there at the same time. They were talking about Band of Brothers, Easy Company and how only one guy is alive from that unit today. Also a tip to google easy company and the missing four that were photoshopped into some photograph .

I’m not military, you know that, but the English guy was tearing up talking about Easy Company and this picture or memorial, so it must have some big connection to real life. It’s on the list to google soonFA227126-A7B0-4C56-8365-723619E90097.jpeg17B66207-E64F-4FDA-8402-2616EB920BF4.jpeg

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
It works pretty easily.

Thanks @r3gulator3
I’m thinking this ladies neighbor wasn’t the racist at all...
Just a feeling I get...

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
I just asked about a parade, man
Yes and she attempted to steer the whole thing into something totally different and toward the topic she wanted.

we’ve all seen these types of people. They’re usually not as smart as they like to think.

“The sky is very blue today.”

“Well I don’t think it’s all that blue but that’s because I’m a lesbian!”

Theyre usually not worth engaging in conversation past a point like that.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Yes and she attempted to steer the whole thing into something totally different and toward the topic she wanted.

we’ve all seen these types of people. They’re usually not as smart as they like to think.

“The sky is very blue today.”

“Well I don’t think it’s all that blue but that’s because I’m a lesbian!”

Theyre usually not worth engaging in conversation past a point like that.
Kinda hard to skip the conversation when you’re two feet away in a car. I said at least three times “you can drop me off here, I can walk”

Maybe that’s the Canadian in me, maybe you Americans would’ve been rude and just said stop the ****ing car I want out. But I get the point you’re making

The sky is purple, by the way

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
I drove for Lyft and Uber for like a week or two (it wasn't worth it) and let the rider set the tone. Some people just want to be left alone. Others will talk your ear off. The only one that rode up front was the FedEx pilot.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I know this thread is about LYFT but, I use UBER. Same diff.

I used to cab it everywhere when I was going to the bars. After the first time I took an UBER, I never used a Taxi again.
Last week the boys insisted that I go outside (yuk!). We Ubered everywhere we went that night.
It is so much better, faster and cheaper than taking a taxi.

r3gulator3

Eurotruck race enthusiast
Supporter

I used to cab it everywhere when I was going to the bars. After the first time I took an UBER, I never used a Taxi again.
Last week the boys insisted that I go outside (yuk!). We Ubered everywhere we went that night.
Definitely far cheaper than a DUI that’s for sure.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter

The second driver said he’d “heard of Canada, but wasn’t sure where it was”...

:foreheadslap: