• This forum is for drivers/carriers to discuss and review freight brokers. This is not a forum for brokers to promote their business or ask for advice on how to start a freight brokering or dispatching business.

Looking for Truckers who haul Hay

mitchwest1964

I sell 4x5 round bales of hay. I have plenty of customers in Texas and some in Kentucky and other states who want to purchase it but I'm needing someone to haul it. Where do I find shippers? 318-282-0553

Uncle Birchy

Life Coach
I always WONDERED how come Out WEST that Hay Haulers used like a Cabover Flatbed Straight pulling a 20 foot shorty...

I've never seen that EAST of like Denver

Mary Lou

I am shocked that Mitch asked a reasonable question but he did make an error saying he needed a shipper rather than saying he needed a carrier and he received no helpful answers. Very sad .....

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
I am shocked that Mitch asked a reasonable question but he did make an error saying he needed a shipper rather than saying he needed a carrier and he received no helpful answers. Very sad .....
Because most people pay crap rates to haul hay and we know it.

So most won't touch it.

The trucks you see out west are the producers moving their own stuff from the field to the farm.

Why should I, or anyone else, race to the bottom of the barrel making someone else money?

Mary Lou

mn driver, I agree hay does not pay much. I have moved a few from Western Canada to Texas but only when my customer was desperate and would pay the rate carriers requested. Maybe 5 loads in the last 3 years. :)

MJ1657

Bored
Supporter
Hay has never paid good it’s always been a load of last resort. I don’t want to offend anyone but farmers in general are cheap whether it be hay, beans or machinery. And they always want to stuff more on the truck than they aught to.
I'm offended

Humble pie

Living like a refugee
Supporter
To be honest when I hauled grain we ran legal. We had a couple guys that wanted us to haul illegal but it wasn't an issue.

Only guy we really had trouble with was one that wanted to put the garden hose in the trailer loading light soybeans.
I get pissed off at the auction. They say they bought a track hoe. You go in to get it and it a track with two extra buckets and all kinds of other stuff. Then they don’t seem to understand I can’t haul all of this together and get a permit for it.

Chester

I get pissed off at the auction. They say they bought a track hoe. You go in to get it and it a track with two extra buckets and all kinds of other stuff. Then they don’t seem to understand I can’t haul all of this together and get a permit for it.
Can’t ya just put the little bucket inside of the big bucket ??? Lol

Humble pie

Living like a refugee
Supporter
Or they give you the address for their house. You order permits then they say they want it 30 miles down the road to another farm.

Humble pie

Living like a refugee
Supporter
Pipe line crews are worse about that than farmers are though.