Looking for assistance to identify some fuel issues.

Mike

Staff member

That is what mine looked like. Not in the subzero temps, but between 0-5 degrees.

Fuel is completely non treated at the pump. Using only Primrose 5757, as directed.

I’m buying as much untreated fuel as possible this winter.

If I do have to go into negative temps this winter. I will mix in #1 from a stop in southern Missouri where I get most of my fuel at.

View attachment 48238

That is what mine looked like. Not in the subzero temps, but between 0-5 degrees.

Fuel is completely non treated at the pump. Using only Primrose 5757, as directed.

I’m buying as much untreated fuel as possible this winter.

If I do have to go into negative temps this winter. I will mix in #1 from a stop in southern Missouri where I get most of my fuel at.
Hi Mike, the evaluations we have seen will protect you to -30 with straight #2 and 5757 in the tank at 1 oz to 8 gallons. I get it though. Peace of mind. 👍👍Tha k you for the opportunity to work with you.

Mike

Staff member
Hi Mike, the evaluations we have seen will protect you to -30 with straight #2 and 5757 in the tank at 1 oz to 8 gallons. I get it though. Peace of mind. 👍👍Tha k you for the opportunity to work with you.
This is definitely straight. They are bio free, and additive free.

Only thing I do experience is a bit of restriction, not much, but I did see the gauge come up a couple of points as I was driving directly into the heavy wind in those temps. That’s my fault though because I have been too lazy to insulate my fuel lines or cover my DAVCO. My Davco gets blasted by the cold air in those cases.

Mike

Staff member
The ice Check that is in Winter Klenz is designed to manage that. Insulation is a great way to ensure those wheels stay turning 👍
Non insulated fuel lines, and a non heated Davco. That company in Tennessee who built my truck knew how to cut corners to save money, lol.

Not as many as last year in my neighborhood.. I stopped by a few places and they all had Klenz in their trucks. Zero issues this year.
A couple guys in Wisconsin were hit hard though.
Last week in Cleveland, Milwaukee, Toledo, and Maryland sent in positive results for Carboxylates. Not as bad as last year. With the increase in the crude coming out of Permian. I expected to see more issues.
I have a meeting with a refinery on Wednesday they are having some issues.
This past fall Klenz sales increased by quadruple the previous year. People are recognizing the value. 👍👍

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Not as many as last year in my neighborhood.. I stopped by a few places and they all had Klenz in their trucks. Zero issues this year.
A couple guys in Wisconsin were hit hard though.
Last week in Cleveland, Milwaukee, Toledo, and Maryland sent in positive results for Carboxylates. Not as bad as last year. With the increase in the crude coming out of Permian. I expected to see more issues.
I have a meeting with a refinery on Wednesday they are having some issues.
This past fall Klenz sales increased by quadruple the previous year. People are recognizing the value. 👍👍

Interesting article on whether additives are needed.

View attachment 48476
Interesting article on whether additives are needed.
I agree very interesting article!!
When considering a fuel enhancement vs additives. There are many differences.
Some say, Quarts treat up to 100 gallons or up to something. If you do your own homework the directions on the bottle are much different than the bottle. In order to recognize a difference in anything you would have to use 1 quart for 40 gallons. This is just one example of marketing that people use. Hence the term snake oil. Everyone has the ability to create a good product. They choose to bottle a bare minimum product and advertise in a different way. Retailers like making profit.
Just my .02