Truck Repair Load pressure guage

1989Iowa

Looking at installing a digital load pressure guage on a 2009 Columbia. Usually hooked to a hopper bottom. Wondering where others have found the guage for the best price. Or where the best spot to bring the line into the cab would be? Have plenty of dash space as the truck does not have jakes.

Thanks

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
A simple air guage to the suspension is adequate. Same with a trailer.

Normal feed for this is just an 1/8" air line

1989Iowa

Where did you get yours. Shopping around for the best price. I’ve seen the those for around 200-250. Easy install?

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Right from Teltek. I wanna say $800-1000 USD for the four I bought. Super easy, one airline from an airbag, power and ground. They have great customer service

tommyh

my eld folks now have sensors I can get and put on my air lines and it hooks to my phone by bluetooth
and you can read the weight out.They also have sensors you can hook onto your valve steps to see air pressure and air temp too I believe.I`m thinking of biting the bullet and giving them a try...30 a month for it all is the charge they want and that may be a deal breaker for me.I am rather stingy

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
I spent more on brass fittings and air line than on a glycerin filled 0-100 psi pressure gauge to install on my trailer.

After writing down the air pressure and the actual scale weights, I settled on 480 being the constant to any pressure reading for my weight. Total cost was like $24.

The tractor already had a suspension pressure gauge in it and that was 540.

What really mattered was keeping it under 62-63 psi on The tractor. 72 psi on the trailer for closed tandem and 80 psi on open tandems.