Likes feature is now on steroids

Mike

Staff member
Thread starter #41
Finally getting this implemented again.

Only have the defaults that comes with the installation off the add-on for tonight, but will be adding a few more in the next few days. Will also be tweaking how it works because this thing comes with all sorts of options.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Finally getting this implemented again.

Only have the defaults that comes with the installation off the add-on for tonight, but will be adding a few more in the next few days. Will also be tweaking how it works because this thing comes with all sorts of options.
Pretty goodly!

dchawk81

I don't like how it handles listing the likes and angry races that you received.

Mike

Staff member
Thread starter #46
I don't like how it handles listing the likes and angry races that you received.
How do you like that?

I believe there are multiple options for setting this up, I just rolled out with all the defaults to get this back up and running for now.

dchawk81

How do you like that?

I believe there are multiple options for setting this up, I just rolled out with all the defaults to get this back up and running for now.
I dunno but on mobile they're grouped by type, and in ascending chronological order aka oldest to newest. And I don't seem to be able to get to the newest. It runs out of pages or takes too long to get there or some strange thing.

Like it'll get me to Sunday for likes, then switch to Mad faces or whatever. Then it'll switch back to likes, then mad faces.

Honestly I can't make any sense of it. And I've yet to find any from today.

Not going to take a ton of time explaining this right now because you are a pretty smart bunch of people (most of you anyway). When you head toward the like button, you will see some additional options.

I can actually add more options to this program, so if you have some requests (serious ones), post them here. Can't say I will add them, but I will take them under advisement when analyzing this system.

In a nutshell, the likes system has now, in a way, become a ratings system for your content on this forum. The good/bad/neutral will follow you forever ;)
What about a middle finger like button, please?

Mike

Staff member
Thread starter #51
ok, this is coming back to some extent. Better in a way, and in another way, not so much.

Good news, we are able to import the likes from the beginning of tf.net history into the new system, so likes from years back will now be included. We "should" also be able to import the likes from the previous cool version we were using before the upgrade.

Bad news, the version we have been using since the upgrade (the boring one) looks to be lost unless I can figure something out.

All in all, a net gain in the total like numbers, and once again, a system that is truly on steroids.

I'm doing this because @Injun demanded a change, and demanded it immediately.

Mike

Staff member
Thread starter #54
And we now officially have the Super Trucker Alert and BS images back in place

Mike

Staff member
Thread starter #55
Have fun, but try to not be abusive with these things.