Let's Talk Linears

How many Watts can truck electronics handle now-a-days before problems start popping up ?

What do you mean? This is too broad of a question. Can you give me some specifics or examples?
Sure.

Can the truck electronics handle 500 Watts before interfering with their functions and ECM ?

I'm an old CB'er back in the day and brand new to the trucking industry. Years ago, most cars could handle up to 1000 Watts or so before shorting out the ECM and gauges etc...

Are there any limits today on what wattage truck electronics can handle ?

r3gulator3

FLATBED GANGSTER
Supporter
Sure.

Can the truck electronics handle 500 Watts before interfering with their functions and ECM ?

I'm an old CB'er back in the day and brand new to the trucking industry. Years ago, most cars could handle up to 1000 Watts or so before shorting out the ECM and gauges etc...

Man your talking about completely different technology. A CB is an analog signal. Pushing 1000watts is going to mess with any electronics. Most modern ecms can handle a higher load in the system. I ruin an 1800watt inverter without causing issues but it’s power supply comes directly from the battery. When I have the microwave(900watts) running and the fridge running at the same time (300 watts) it causes no issue so I would think you’d be ok but, I am not familiar enough with CB technology to give you a definite answer.

Man your talking about completely different technology. A CB is an analog signal. Pushing 1000watts is going to mess with any electronics. Most modern ecms can handle a higher load in the system. I ruin an 1800watt inverter without causing issues but it’s power supply comes directly from the battery. When I have the microwave(900watts) running and the fridge running at the same time (300 watts) it causes no issue so I would think you’d be ok but, I am not familiar enough with CB technology to give you a definite answer.
Yes, you are talking about pulling power out of the power supply.... ie AMPERAGE draw etc...

I'm talking about random RF (Radio Frequency) power emitted from the antenna.

Years ago, vehicles did not have much sophisticated electronics and could handle higher wattage of RF output.

I've been out of CB for at least 20 years or so and brand new CDL A driver.

I want to run power (Linear) in my rig and wondering how much RF power new trucks can handle.

My other question is are there any restrictions on Companies allow Linears to be used in their trucks ? I assume there is for some. Give me details folks.

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
Back in the "day" when CB radio was still a "Thing" FCC limited to 4 watts "output"

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
Sure.

I think what ya mean by a "linear" ya mean a "booster" amp...

Now the fact ya posted the way ya did P PhoenixRising tells me ya aint gotta "Clue" what ya talking about.

Secondly before ya "****" away a "grand" most folks dont even "CB" anymore so $ave your Ca$h