• Total voters

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Merry Christmas just explains it all!

Unless you're a Jew. They say, "Hey dude, have a swell Hanukkah! "

Happy Holidays!

Well, that covers it, but pisses off the "Merry-Christmas-only-ITS ABOUT CHRIST GODAMMIT!!" people. And God Forbid you say something like;

Seasons Greetings!

Because while that may in fact include everyone...it's just too sterile. Too...meaningless.

I tried to look up the Kwanzaa greeting, but got pretty much nowhere. It might be the insane amount of alcohol I've drank tonight in my own traditional holiday celebration of ...

IrishDrunkenTreelightingEatingtooMuchSleepingToolateizaakwanwanzikuh.

Oh, it's as real as any of the others, look it up!

Which is your holiday greeting, and which annoys the crap out of you and and why.

Don't be too insulting.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
For me it is Merry Christmas. Seasons Greetings? What Season would that be? The holiday Season of course silly, NO, NO! there are four Seasons Holiday is not one of them.

This whole thing is STUPID! Non Christians being offended by people saying Merry Christmas was dreamed up by white Christian Liberals. Most Non Christians are not offended. Much like if someone wished me a happy Hanukkah I would not be offended, Right on Dude Happy Hanukkah right back atcha!

Tazz

Infidel
By passing air through your vocal folds which vibrate and oscillate to create spee............ Oh I see what you did thereawww.tvworthwatching.com_contributors_2011_05_14_F_Troop_Hekowis.jpg

Generally I just let people say what ever they want. Most become very irrational on one side of the subject or the other. My response is generally "You too".

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I say "Merry Christmas". Even if someone says something else to me such as "happy holidays", I respond with "Merry Christmas".
Oh, I do that at retail stores. They say Happy holidays and I say Merry Christmas. Last year I saw more and more stores doing and saying the Christmas thing. So far to my knowledge I can not be fined or jailed for saying Merry Christmas. I may offend some people but if they are offended by it I don't care!

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
To me, if someone greets me with something specific to their belief system or culture, I cannot be offended. They are showing me the respect of offering good wishes in their way.

It's no different than saying "Good Morning" or "Konichiwa" or "Shalom."

...and therefore, when I greet someone with polite words from my own culture, it baffles me that they are offended by it.

Duck

My other car is a POS too
Supporter
To me, if someone greets me with something specific to their belief system or culture, I cannot be offended. They are showing me the respect of offering good wishes in their way.

It's no different than saying "Good Morning" or "Konichiwa" or "Shalom."

...and therefore, when I greet someone with polite words from my own culture, it baffles me that they are offended by it.
Offended?

Try "confused".

If I say "Merry Christmas" and somebody replies with some kind of Indian rain dance or something, I'm just gonna stand there scratching my head in confusion.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Today I got a heartfelt Merry Christmas from the cashier at the Wal Mart. To which I gave a heartfelt Merry Christmas. I was surprised, I thought Wal Mart associates had to say happy holidays.

I was doing my Christmas shopping. Yes, I did my shopping today. ( don't look at me like that). I am a man! I can change if I have to, I guess but, Not bloody likely! lol

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
if someone doesn't want to celebrate what it's really about, that's fine. If they want, they can continue working while the rest of the world isn't, but i won't
Well that is another can of worms. Other religions take the time off given on Christian holidays and then also take of their religious holidays as per religious freedom but, A Christian is made to work on Sundays.

I worked with Muslims and the company allowed them to leave early on Friday to attend mosque.

Blood

Driveler Emeritus
Supporter
Offended?

Try "confused".

If I say "Merry Christmas" and somebody replies with some kind of Indian rain dance or something, I'm just gonna stand there scratching my head in confusion.
Lucky Duck!! :(

I ended up rolling on the floor...
holding my nads...
and crying like a baby.
;)