Lease Purchase Deals For DUMMIES

Coronado Kid

Cactus Patch
@rigjockey My grandfather has welfare he is not able to drive trucks because the Vetran Affairs told him he couldnt he has foodstamps and if he could work he would but he worked all his life so now he gets to rest

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
@rigjockey My grandfather has welfare he is not able to drive trucks because the Vetran Affairs told him he couldnt he has foodstamps and if he could work he would but he worked all his life so now he gets to rest
That's not what RJ's talking about. He's talking about the useless slugs who could work, but refuse to because the jobs they're qualified for aren't dignified enough...or they just don't want to work.

Like the dude who said, "Work don't work for me. Why should I work if I can get free food?"

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Different situation. That is like disability and that is very different from generational welfare. Thank your Grandad for his service for me. he deserves the rest.
My thought when I made my post was more about people in my building that have never worked. Separated by those that do what they can.
I don't mind supporting the elderly, Vets, The disabled. I do mind supporting lazy able bodied people.

My point was I don't look down on anyone that makes a contribution.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
That's not what RJ's talking about. He's talking about the useless slugs who could work, but refuse to because the jobs they're qualified for aren't dignified enough...or they just don't want to work.

Like the dude who said, "Work don't work for me. Why should I work if I can get free food?"
'Zactly!

MysticHZ

Actually, no. If you so desire, you can burn up 70 in as little as 5 days, get in a reset, and work another day and half, all within an 8 day window. Not saying I want to run that hard (I've done it in the past,) but you can if you want.

And even with common core math, anything added to 70 gives a result greater than 70.
Forgive me ... I don't typically take resets and run off recap. So I don't think in those terms. But yes, I guess if the loads presented themselves and you can run that way, you can do more than 70 in 8 days ...

Is that PAPER LOG or ELOGS M MysticHZ

My company recently put its Regional and OVR on ELOGS and even logging much of my ON DUTY "not" driving as SLEEPER BUNK for which I am starting to get "*****ed" at for that 14 hour clock is KILLING ME

Fuel at a crowded TRUCKSTOP will easily eat half an hour and even a drop and hook usually takes 20/30 minutes by the time Ya check in, drop, then Find Your Trailer and get the paperwork

Yesterday I picked up a load BUT instead of PALLETS it was STACKED BOXES loaded by HAND because that was the WAY the "customer" WANTED IT gosh that took FIVE HOURS and even though I went on SLEEPER BERTH after 30 minutes of on duty that put me through Chicago in the THICK of RUSH HOUR and just ATE my 14 hour clock
AS Injun already stated ... Elogs.

But do know why?
Yep ... gross revenue is down directly related to the decrease in FSC ... Net revenue is up due to the fact that I'm kicking butt on my fuel cost. The gap between my cost and the national average has widened by over $.10 as compared to last year.

Yeah we know everything is just ACES at SWIFT and we all should go and apply at SWIFT to drive a Truck governed at 62, be treated like a SLAVES, and have no human INTERACTION all computerized and nobody answers the Phone
Based on the way your company has you running Elogs and where you have to fuel - busy truck stops, I can fuel anywhere I like and do - it sounds like you are the one is being treated like a slave ... Swift policy is to be off duty or sleeper unless you are actually performing work.

But let's remember your started this thread to bag on Leased O/Os ... it appears you are a company - dare I say - slave.

But as a Swift OTR O/O ... I pull about 60% of my loads through direct contact with a broker. Whom I can call any time during business hours and do. Several times a day. That's who I work my loads through, Swift just pays me. That said, when I need to I can reach my DM or any on duty DM anytime I need to.

I guess part of it is knowing how to navigate in a corporate structure ... I find a small company like Swift to not be a problem.

klcars

No. Swift does have standards. They might not be the highest standards, but they do have 'em. You'd be less disappointed if you didn't apply to Swift. Seems to hit some people pretty hard when they find out they won't get hired.

My truck is governed at 68.

If a slave earns $1,000 to $1,400 per week and gets to come and go as he or she pleases, sign me up! Wait....I'm already here..

I see my office staff every day. When I call, I talk to my office staff. They know me by voice and call me by name. Even when I was OTR, I called and spoke with my DM several times each week. The only time I communicate by computer is when I'm entering information into the computer.

Looking at how your Holy-Grail smaller company is treating you, I'll stay with Swift.
My truck is governed at 99 cause 100 will get ya chrome bracelets

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
My truck is governed at 99 cause 100 will get ya chrome bracelets
:yahoo:

None of the states I run in have speed limits higher than my governor...so I don't particularly care if Swift feels better governing me to 68.
:toothpick:

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
ID is 70 for trucks
That's new, as in a recent change. Parts of Oregon are 65 for trucks now.

Even so, I still don't have much use for 70 mph. I-90 through Idaho doesn't have but about 8 miles of roadway where 70 mph is even feasible. I don't GAF because I'm still within speed limits. Other drivers want to *****, go on ahead. Won't affect me one way or another.

Feels good to not GAF.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
I am thinking more I84/86/15 corridors.

I know on the northern side on 90, I set it about 67 and leave it. That end of the state isn't conducive to large cars.

Coming out of Utah though, you've got 80 MPH roads and 4-wheelers to contend with.

Latest posts