Flatbed Just wondering???

Fins

Who is the TMC old guy that drives a white Range Rover or Land Rover? His vanity plate says TMC 1.
That dude drives like a real idiot. Will not move from the left lane and will not let trucks pass him.

I had him bound in the left lane one day like all the other idiots that refuse to move. I had a wide open right lane on I-75. I had tried a few times to get by him and he always found the gas-on-it-pedal. What he wasn't expecting was a triple digit black 389 daycab that could match him. :idiot:

I got him behind me and he never stopped looking at his old ugly ass in the shine on my rear bulkhead. I wasn't about to let him in front of me again on that trip. Here's to you old dude! :thefinger:

r3gulator3

Eurotruck race enthusiast
Supporter
Who is the TMC old guy that drives a white Range Rover or Land Rover? His vanity plate says TMC 1.
That dude drives like a real idiot. Will not move from the left lane and will not let trucks pass him.

I had him bound in the left lane one day like all the other idiots that refuse to move. I had a wide open right lane on I-75. I had tried a few times to get by him and he always found the gas-on-it-pedal. What he wasn't expecting was a triple digit black 389 daycab that could match him. :idiot:

I got him behind me and he never stopped looking at his old ugly ass in the shine on my rear bulkhead. I wasn't about to let him in front of me again on that trip. Here's to you old dude! :thefinger:
No clue, all our upper echelon drives Denalis. Black n chromed out. All our company cars are black, and wouldn’t have the slightest idea what they’d be doing on I-75 as we don’t have a terminal located anywhere along 75

Fins

This was near Ocala in Floriduh!

I see tons of TMC trucks in my lanes here. From flats to steps to yacht transport. One thing I was always impressed with is how the trucks are always spotless. I have a '17 black 389, just like the TMC trucks. It's always shining.

I keep a wet towel, a dry towel and a gallon of fresh water in the cam box just for cleaning things up. Having a black truck with lots of bling is like a second job with no paycheck.

r3gulator3

Eurotruck race enthusiast
Supporter
This was near Ocala in Floriduh!

I see tons of TMC trucks in my lanes here. From flats to steps to yacht transport. One thing I was always impressed with is how the trucks are always spotless. I have a '17 black 389, just like the TMC trucks. It's always shining.

I keep a wet towel, a dry towel and a gallon of fresh water in the cam box just for cleaning things up. Having a black truck with lots of bling is like a second job with no paycheck.
While yes our truck run Florida. None of our regular flats are hoods. They are all 579s. Have been for a couple years now. But we have a couple of stinger boat haulers that have hoods they are 388s. And owner ops can have a hood if that’s what they purchase.

We are required to was the truck weekly and anytime we get mud or whatnot on the truck from a job site. We do keep em clean and we do keep em maintained that’s for sure. Now if they would bump us up off of 62 that’d be great.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
Personally, I think castrating a truck that degree is dangerous. Even Werner upped their road trucks to 70. The local units are still set to 65.
Agreed and ours are worse. 60mph cruise, powertrain management that cuts power before it crests the hill to use momentum to finish the ride as low as 55, trying to coast the rest of the way down.

It's a PITA as the driver, not just as those stuck watching and passing this nonsense.

I get it for the fuel...it saves the company a lot of money. But that doesn't make it suck any less for us.

Last edited:

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
Yeah, some are really more pronounced than others, still I'm wondering if the earlier models were essentially flat and then they realized they needed to make a change.

I'll do a little research. ty
Did alittle flatbed like 20 years ago..

Ours were Steel Trailers with Wood Boards and alot of times those boards were cracked or rotted so before ya left the yard ya checked it out and there was a scrap board pile behind the shop ..

Since then Dryvan or Reefer..

Actually these days make it Dry-Van I aint screwing around with Groceries

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
Aluminum are arched for the flex so it doesn’t crack underload. Steel is flat and rigid with supports from the beams to the cross members. You don’t see a lot of steel flats anymore because they is heavy.
there is a TMC set up, that parks not far from my house, on the street/berm of an enclosed yard. i have seen this "bow" or arch of the trailer and to me, it looks normal for an aluminum trailer.