Just looking for advice

maybecrazy

My husband has been an OTR driver for about a year now. We've had a few struggles over the last year but I feel like we've handled it very well. About 3 or 4 months ago he became a driver trainer. Of course, that means there are times he has to be out longer than he usually is but that's just part of the job. The part I'm looking for advice on is him training female drivers. I'm just not comfortable with him being alone with a female student for 21 days or more. I just think it makes a difficult situation worse and feel like its very disrespectful to me for him to even want to train females. We did talk about this before he became a trainer and he agreed that it just wasn't a good idea for someone in a relationship to train someone of the opposite sex in an OTR environment. Now that he was offered a female student (which he reluctantly turned down after i got very upset) he thinks I'm being ridiculous for getting upset over it. Am I wrong to think he should train females?

Mike

Staff member
Need to figure out where the trust issues are coming from and address it. There are lots of details, personal details, that must be factored in.

Gdjjr

My husband has been an OTR driver for about a year now. We've had a few struggles over the last year but I feel like we've handled it very well. About 3 or 4 months ago he became a driver trainer. Of course, that means there are times he has to be out longer than he usually is but that's just part of the job. The part I'm looking for advice on is him training female drivers. I'm just not comfortable with him being alone with a female student for 21 days or more. I just think it makes a difficult situation worse and feel like its very disrespectful to me for him to even want to train females. We did talk about this before he became a trainer and he agreed that it just wasn't a good idea for someone in a relationship to train someone of the opposite sex in an OTR environment. Now that he was offered a female student (which he reluctantly turned down after i got very upset) he thinks I'm being ridiculous for getting upset over it. Am I wrong to think he should train females?
If the shoe was on the other foot what would he do?

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
So he’s got 7-9 months driving experience and is now a “trainer”? :foreheadslap:

From what little I’ve heard about it doesn’t matter if it’s opposite sex or not. Sooner or later the trainer is offering “extras” for better driving times or what not

One of many reasons I’ve never teamed, never will team and refuse to train.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
Okay seriously though his job is on the line as far as hanky panky goes. So I mean if he likes his job he probably wants to keep it.

Renegade 21

Sounds like to me the blind leading the blind. If he only has a year of driving himself, here is part of the issue today. As for the issue of the husband being faithful while training the opposite sex. In a relationship, if there is no trust, there is no relationship. I have been married 28 years, and on the road the entire time, stayed faithful, and so did she. Maybe u r jumping the gun, or letting yourself think thoughts that are not needed. This will ruin a relationship. Being the wife of an OTR driver is not an easy one, but if the love is there, than it will work itself out.