just graduate from trucking school in CA

Hello, Truckers

Does anyone know a company that hired new graduated & inexperienced driver(2/2008 new cdl received) with a DUI over 4 1/2 yrs ago? Im's 36yrs.old...Any suggestions on company that i can apply would be great!

Thanks!

steve

ORANGE COUNTY, CA-STATE

FlatBroke

Hello, Truckers

Does anyone know a company that hired new graduated & inexperienced driver(2/2008 new cdl received) with a DUI over 4 1/2 yrs ago? Im's 36yrs.old...Any suggestions on company that i can apply would be great!

Thanks!

steve

ORANGE COUNTY, CA-STATE
The school you attended didn't help you fill out application's?

I thought all trucking schools did this..

basically, i had apply to approx. 4 company through their website already and just waiting for the respond back due to my DUI in 10/11/2003 which is less than 5yrs. the company i had apply for are CRENGLAND, USXPRESS ENTERPRISES, AND SCHNEIDER, CRST. any information or feedback about this co. would be helpful to me. or suggestions on other companies that i can apply to. thanks!

FlatBroke

basically, i had apply to approx. 4 company through their website already and just waiting for the respond back due to my DUI in 10/11/2003 which is less than 5yrs. the company i had apply for are CRENGLAND, USXPRESS ENTERPRISES, AND SCHNEIDER, CRST. any information or feedback about this co. would be helpful to me. or suggestions on other companies that i can apply to. thanks!
I would stay away from CR England, there are many horror stories about them. I fell into there scam a long time ago.
The story was they would hire drivers, then send them for a road test and nobody ever passed. Then they would offer to send you through their school in Salt Lake City, UT. of course charging you again. then after 8 or 9 weeks of school you would begin to work for them, paying them back every week out of your check.

I made the trip from KY to NJ by Greyhound bus to go to work for them. The bus dropped me off a taxi picked me up and dropped me off at the terminal, this was also where you would stay for orientation (in the terminal bunk house).
I heard some drivers talking about the above scam. I made a call after 15 minutes of being at the terminal, to the taxi and bus station.
I got back on the next bus going south, and was back home 20 some hours later..

This is my story about my experience with CR England, they supposedly cleaned up...but you do what you need to do.

US Express is not a bad company from what I have heard. Schneider is probably the best company out there for beginning drivers.

CRST (Caution Really Slow Truck) LOL! I have heard bad thing's on this company as well..But I have no proof just hearsay.

Swift is another company that hire students, but since their episode with the FBI a couple weeks ago, I don't know how it would go now. I have a couple of friends who work here as well, one does or did very well with them, the other is in his second year and does not make any money $400.00 a week I think he told me, doing Dollar general account.

JB Hunt used to hire students, not sure anymore. but there are horror stories all over the internet.. They like to lie to drivers about jobs that don't exist.

Werner is another company that hires students, but has horror stories all over about them as well.
I do have a friend who works for them, he is a O/O and does very well, but is a trainer for them.

This is about all of them I can think of right now, do a search for say something like "Truck Driver Jobs" on google and it will bring up a zillion sites that you can go to and search for companies hiring student drivers..

chanceNit

hey rockie, I'm going in for my training at the end of march at Central Refrigerator Inc. Their website shows now hiring drivers all levels. So far they seem very organised and professional. Taking care of my needs and concerns quickly. Check em out.

Rookie, have u given any thought to roehl, they are very proffesional, safety minded and treat me like i'm important to them. Never pressure u to run illegal(would have a fit if u did). home time is the best. etc. They hire out of school and would probably work w/ you as long as your honest about your backround. Money is not everything to me, when i was a national driver i chose to drive 11 days and b home 3, worked out every other weekend. Started litle video store on side and went 7 on 7 off still get at least 7,000mi's/mo. anyway call recruting and ask for carrie, she's great. tell her mike in trk 4765 recomended. co. won top safety awards again last year. thats one reason usually bypass most weight stations.

Mike

Staff member
The DUI may indeed give you problems, not sure though because I haven't had one, and can only go by what others have told me.

Open Road

I think Swift would hire you, although I think they would probably send you out with a trainer again. Not sure.

You mentioned US Xpress. They are located in my own town.

You could also try Covenant Transport, also located in Chattanooga, but actually I think they may require you to go back through the schooling again.

Good luck.

Mike

Staff member
Given the choice of SWIFT, I would recommend the guy/gal to keep looking for something else, or wait a while before getting into this industry.

This is a company that only cares about putting butts in seats. Proof of that is the scandal they are dealing with in regards to their schools that were just shut down. There is no way I could recommend this company to anybody, nor would I ever consider working for them myself.

Open Road

This is a company that only cares about putting butts in seats. Proof of that is the scandal they are dealing with in regards to their schools that were just shut down. There is no way I could recommend this company to anybody, nor would I ever consider working for them myself.
Exactly. That's why I changed my mind about going to School there. It was just easy to get there and do. But I'm not now.

Thank you all of you ! for all the response to my question. I just apply for " Central Refrigerated Inc" last night. Waiting for a recruiter to called back. Question: if a trucking company decided to hired me and put me to their own training program again. Is their a 12mths or 18mths contract? or training fee or contract fee with them? and since i lived in ORANGE COUNTY , CA area due i need to move to there state inorder to get the job. im single, therefore i don't mind about being away from home. any feedback would be helpful...thanks again!

Mike

Staff member
You don't have to move to work for a large company. If there hiring area covers where you live, you are fine. Working for a company who's main freight lanes are close to you is a bonus though if you want to get home more easily.

As for contracts, just about any company now is going to put you in a contract forcing you to work for them for a specific amount of time, or else you become financially responsible in some way.

Look at the contract closely, as this is what caused so much trouble with SWIFT and their schools that ultimately got shut down. Somehow, they had drivers getting their CDL's suspended if they walked away from a contract.

juggalo9er2?

juggalo9er
i would recomend pgt out of monaca penn they will hire students and i used to work for them flatbed compny so you will actaully have to work if thats what you wanna call it if interested in them send me a message and i will send you thier number but i can tell you this you will make a hell of a lot more then 400 a week

FlatBroke

i would recomend pgt out of monaca penn they will hire students and i used to work for them flatbed compny so you will actaully have to work if thats what you wanna call it if interested in them send me a message and i will send you thier number but i can tell you this you will make a hell of a lot more then 400 a week
View attachment 9317

This is a PGT truck I believe...or whats left of one anyway..
View attachment 9317

chanceNit

Thank you all of you ! for all the response to my question. I just apply for " Central Refrigerated Inc" last night. Waiting for a recruiter to called back. Question: if a trucking company decided to hired me and put me to their own training program again. Is their a 12mths or 18mths contract? or training fee or contract fee with them? and since i lived in ORANGE COUNTY , CA area due i need to move to there state inorder to get the job. im single, therefore i don't mind about being away from home. any feedback would be helpful...thanks again!
awesome, something I can answer!
Alright, I live in northern CA and Central Refrigerated is busing me up there and paying for my hotel room and the 2 weeks of school. You get paid after the school during the training period of 4 weeks. After that they send you home with your own truck for about 5 days to set up your truck and stuff. They route you to the nearest pickup in your area then your off to god knows where for nine days where they guarantee your home on the 9th day or they start to pay you extra for the time you go over. Your last few drop offs will be getting you as close your your city as possible so you don't have to go too far to get home. I believe they take out 20 something from each check til you payoff the school they put you through. Not sure how long it takes but its a year I think. Kinda like a cell phone contract. If you quit or are fired you probably have to pay the difference.

Let me know if you get on there, the training is in riverside which is a few hours from you right?

Chance-:beep: