Jeep Gladiator

Duck

Quack
Supporter
If you think the plastic roof is a security risk, you can imagine how easy it would be for someone to break into it if, say, the windows were made of something weak and brittle, like, ya know,.... glass?

Duck

Quack
Supporter
It has a full five-foot bed and...
"Five foot bed" should never be preceded by "full" unless you're talking about one of those John Deere gator things.

It looks like a cool toy for outdoorsmen stuff but don't call it a pickup truck.

GAnthony

The Eldest Member
Supporter
If you think the plastic roof is a security risk, you can imagine how easy it would be for someone to break into it if, say, the windows were made of something weak and brittle, like, ya know,.... glass?
you mean, windows are made out of glass..??

and they are weak..???

how long have these bastoidavitches been doing this to us..??

how low can they go with this bullshit way of building trashy vehicles....??

i sure am glad i gots me a toyoda........jeep be damned......

dchawk81

you mean, windows are made out of glass..??

and they are weak..???

how long have these bastoidavitches been doing this to us..??

how low can they go with this bullshit way of building trashy vehicles....??

i sure am glad i gots me a toyoda........jeep be damned......
If yer Duck Duck , you don't bother with fhem there winders.

GAnthony

The Eldest Member
Supporter
Where the hell do you live that you have to worry about someone stealing the roof off your truck?
the north east.......any neighborhood up here...hell, i had cinder blocks i had set up as steps, for the oil delivery man to use, to climb, to get to the oil tanks...someone stole those cinder blocks...

GAnthony

The Eldest Member
Supporter
Where the hell do you live that you have to worry about someone stealing the roof off your truck?
that new jeep pick up truck, has a removable roof, much like the wranglers....

check out the jeep websites, and "build" a jeep, check it out for yourself...

those plastic roofs are removable in 2 or 3 panels, and cost anywhere from $1,000, up to $4,000

wanna bet when they start disappearing, the insurance companies either demand higher deductibles or higher premiums ...(or both)...???

Nomad1

that new jeep pick up truck, has a removable roof, much like the wranglers....

check out the jeep websites, and "build" a jeep, check it out for yourself...

those plastic roofs are removable in 2 or 3 panels, and cost anywhere from $1,000, up to $4,000

wanna bet when they start disappearing, the insurance companies either demand higher deductibles or higher premiums ...(or both)...???
I know those roofs are detachable and valuable. If anyone started stealing things like that around here we would turn the dogs out. Trail cams and rednecks would take care of that problem pretty quickly.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I would be pretty sure that you would need access to the interior of the vehicle to remove those panels. So breaking a window would be required.

GAnthony

The Eldest Member
Supporter
I would be pretty sure that you would need access to the interior of the vehicle to remove those panels. So breaking a window would be required.
may also be able to just pry them off. i mean, if some klutz thief didn't know any better.

i'd also be wondering if jeep, or a vendor will come up with locks to prevent theft, much like the tailgates on all pick ups now.

tailgate theft was a pretty big thing here a few years ago.

Latest posts