that goes with it. Do NOT work for JB Hunt unless you want to be
ripped off and abused. They operate from Lowell and dominate every
terminal and driver when and if they want to. We never actually SEE
these anonymous people ordering us around...they just do what they
want from Lowell. Others have voiced concerns about this company
and now I too feel they are fairly DANGEROUS and getting away with it
with their MONEY they can get away with ALOT!!:runningaround:
So you work for this company, right?

Grow some balls and do something about it.

Larry

I'm tired of all these negative posts about these companies, if JB Hunt was that bad no one would be driving for them. The same goes for Swift, Werner, and other companies. It seems like most people ***** cause they are never happy and no matter what you do you can't please them, so what do they do? They talk negative about a company they work for. If they got their **** together and had a better attitude there wouldn't be so much negativity in this industry. While there are legitimate ones I take damn near all of them with a grain of salt because it seems like most are never happy even if you gave them all they wanted they will still find something to ***** about. Interpret this post all you want but you know it makes sense!

Tn. Truckers Wife

I'm tired of all these negative posts about these companies, if JB Hunt was that bad no one would be driving for them. The same goes for Swift, Werner, and other companies. It seems like most people ***** cause they are never happy and no matter what you do you can't please them, so what do they do? They talk negative about a company they work for. If they got their **** together and had a better attitude there wouldn't be so much negativity in this industry. While there are legitimate ones I take damn near all of them with a grain of salt because it seems like most are never happy even if you gave them all they wanted they will still find something to ***** about. Interpret this post all you want but you know it makes sense!
You may be tired of all the negative posts BUT I suggest you look at the sub-forum these post's have been posted in "Report a bad Trucking Company"....That's what the forum is there for...
If you don't want to read the negativity about these companies then I suggest you avoid that particular forum...

Larry

You may be tired of all the negative posts BUT I suggest you look at the sub-forum these post's have been posted in "Report a bad Company"....That's what the forum is there for...
If you don't want to read the negativity about these companies then I suggest you avoid that particular forum...
I'm sorry TTW but my patients is wearing mighty thin with all these negative "articles" about these companies. Seriously think about it though! Whats even worse is they bash these companies but don't go into details and besides some posts their so called stories and never come back to answer the questions we ask.

Tn. Truckers Wife

I'm sorry TTW but my patients is wearing mighty thin with all these negative "articles" about these companies. Seriously think about it though! Whats even worse is they bash these companies but don't go into details and besides some posts their so called stories and never come back to answer the questions we ask.
Well I don't think your gonna find any positive post's in this sub-forum....It's about reporting a bad company.....
So once again, if you don't want to read the negativity then you should avoid this forum...

2xR

******* Derelict *******
Supporter
Well I don't think your gonna find any positive post's in this sub-forum....It's about reporting a bad company.....
So once again, if you don't want to read the negativity then you should avoid this forum...
Well said TTW... if you don't care for sushi, don't sit at the sushi bar and complain 'cause it smells fishy.

Mike

Staff member
As with most stories, you don't see both sides of the story.

Here, you have a truck driver giving his opinion on the company he drives (or drove) for.

It could be accurate, it could be inaccurate. Bottom line, is look for a trend regarding comments about a carrier.

In this specific case, I would have several questions. How did this guy get threatened? Did he simply go to safety and report an issue, or did he get into an argument with a dispatcher and threaten going to safety. After that, lots of possibilities exist. This is why you have to read what is written, and use it, in conjunction with other things you here, to form your own opinion.

Now, if your job is being threatened for something like this, the next phone call you need to be making is to D.O.T.

Sean McQuaid

Whiny baby

Great point!!!!!!!! And believe it or not, there are SOME drivers out there who have a legitimate complaint and a real ax to grind. I have written volumes (maybe too much to be digested for most readers) of my experience and answered time and time again inquiries put to me when something was not understood by the reader.

Here's another point I have raised time and time again: EVERY carrier has to make SOME drivers happy to have ANY drivers at all, and not have a totally bad rep.. EVERY carrier out there will have drivers (and former drivers) that want to see them burn in the most agonizing way; some drivers who are middle of the road, and getting by with them; and some who will swear they are the best carrier since cookies and milk. It's all in who you talk to, and who was screwed over the worst or is the most vindictive (like me - LOL) and anxious to speak out. But with the tactics these days, I think there are more drivers who have a real and legitimate reason to be pissed off rather than they are just complaining because things are not all they want things to be.

Sean McQuaid

Whiny baby
I work at JB hunt and am astonished that they FORCE drivers to
do what they want using threats and coersion...of taking away their
truck if they report to Safety or Payroll anything the driver feels
he is concerned about. Heavy handed tactics indeed. They need
investigated for sure. Some of their people must be from the local
Prison system. Scary stuff. Shocking really and I have seen alot of
"shady" operations. These people have Extreme Money and the Power
that goes with it. Do NOT work for JB Hunt unless you want to be
ripped off and abused. They operate from Lowell and dominate every
terminal and driver when and if they want to. We never actually SEE
these anonymous people ordering us around...they just do what they
want from Lowell. Others have voiced concerns about this company
and now I too feel they are fairly DANGEROUS and getting away with it
with their MONEY they can get away with ALOT!!:runningaround:

I have a friend who worked for JB. Hunt about 5 years ago, and they were a HORROR then. He left them to go work for Covenant - That should tell you something.

I spoke with people who worked for Hunt about 15 years ago or so. They were not so great back then. I remember some of the stories told to me back then to this day.

Much as I need another job now, I would avoid Hunt as well as a couple of others I have read of here. My driving may be done for a year or two anyway - until the industry has stopped using the effects of this recession to make the lives of their drivers intolorable and/or ruining the lives of so many alltogether.