New To Trucking JB Hunt load board. Why such short runs over several days?

JimTom

I have been checking out the JB Hunt load board, Load Board for Truckloads | Free Load Board | J.B. Hunt Transportation
Are these for o/o? Some of these loads are only for 300 - 400 miles over 3-4 days. Why would someone take such little miles? Do they try to stick these short runs with longer runs and deliver the short runs on return trip? Example, Long Beach to Sacramento. Would someone add this to a longer run? Example, LB to Seattle then back to Sacramento.

Mike

Staff member
Loads like this would be for fleets that have the capacity to drop loaded trailers on a lot.

As for the loads today, much of what I am seeing is Friday pickups with Monday deliveries, which is pretty normal.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Loads like this would be for fleets that have the capacity to drop loaded trailers on a lot.

As for the loads today, much of what I am seeing is Friday pickups with Monday deliveries, which is pretty normal.
JB does a lot of local and regional stuff.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
I have been checking out the JB Hunt load board, Load Board for Truckloads | Free Load Board | J.B. Hunt Transportation
Are these for o/o? Some of these loads are only for 300 - 400 miles over 3-4 days. Why would someone take such little miles? Do they try to stick these short runs with longer runs and deliver the short runs on return trip? Example, Long Beach to Sacramento. Would someone add this to a longer run? Example, LB to Seattle then back to Sacramento.
I've been getting a lot of offers for power only loads for JBHunt 360.

You shuttle their trailers around all over the country.

Last edited:

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I've been getting a lot of offers and r power only loads for JBHunt 360.

You shuttle their trailers around all over the country.
I did a live load on my trailer for them last year. Worked out well.

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Doing a round trip off the 360 board now. Springfield, MO to Omaha, and back to Springfield.

Almost 90% of my loads are coming from them, Uber, or Convoy.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Doing a round trip off the 360 board now. Springfield, MO to Omaha, and back to Springfield.

Almost 90% of my loads are coming from them, Uber, or Convoy.
I've worked out a relationship with a broker at Coyote. He's been getting me more money than what they're posting loads for on the board, and has been getting me set up without a lot of extra time between loads -so there's that too.

tommyh

I have done a bunch with Coyote in the past
thousands of loads,most paid good but not insanely good

JB Hunt did have 2 1/2 times the loads out of NC than DAT did a short time ago,gota give them credit for that

Mike

Staff member
I've worked out a relationship with a broker at Coyote. He's been getting me more money than what they're posting loads for on the board, and has been getting me set up without a lot of extra time between loads -so there's that too.
Every time I contact Coyote they definitely push to see where I am going to be and try to lock me in. Just haven’t managed to get passed the point of agreeing to a rate lately with them. They just aren’t very strong with good paying dry van freight around my house.

At this point, I tend to get a heads up via email for several loads from home via a couple of JB Hunt brokers.

Regular load boards are my last resort right now. Hopefully, it will stay that way.