It's Prime Time!

Mike

Staff member
He could let go. I had a pen stay on the bumper from South Central PA all the way to the Walmart DC in Tobyhanna. It didn't have hands.
I laid a plastic seal on top of the catwalk behind my tractor on Tuesday. It’s still riding there, through storms and all.

and this is with a massive gap between the tractor and trailer.

Either the air tabs do a better than advertised job of deflecting the air, or the whole theory about the turbulence back there is fake news.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
Crazy people.....life doesn't mean much to these type of people.....women in the video (words hold the wheel)....really messed up.....jacking around on the highway this way that close to a truck. Not cool.
If their life doesn't mean much to them, it doesn't mean much to me. Therefore I find it amusing.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
I laid a plastic seal on top of the catwalk behind my tractor on Tuesday. It’s still riding there, through storms and all.

Either the air tabs do a better than advertised job of deflecting the air, or the whole theory about the turbulence back there is fake news.
Let's test it. You ride I'll drive. 😀

Last edited:

Nomad1

B()()()B
Supporter

We need to find someone who has a rear door in their sleeper and find out. I've wondered how much wind is really back there.

(((ME)))

If their life doesn't mean much to them, it doesn't mean much to me. Therefore I find it amusing.
Wooooo.......you got some ice in those veins.....I viewed as mentally retarded.....trucker out there running the roads to make a living for those he or she loves .....then there nut jobs that endanger the trucker.....you don't drive up beside a truck and play cat and mouse games.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Its not so much turbulence as a low pressure area forms back there. The suction pulls the trailer back. That's why these things work:

image003-2018-02-01-16-29.jpg

They bleed a little higher pressure air behind the trailer to relieve that low pressure area. Plus, lazy drivers don't have to walk 70' and do something to make it work.

Electric Chicken

Jock
Supporter
Its not so much turbulence as a low pressure area forms back there. The suction pulls the trailer back. That's why these things work:

View attachment 52461

They bleed a little higher pressure air behind the trailer to relieve that low pressure area. Plus, lazy drivers don't have to walk 70' and do something to make it work.
70' is hella far tho. I don't even like parking that far from a bathroom.

Mike

Staff member

View attachment 52461

Those probably aren’t affecting the air behind my tractor, lol.