Is it "rute" or "rowt"

Duck

Quack
Supporter
The first time I went to Kankakee I said it as Kan cocky. I was quickly corrected by dispatch.
Then I felt really stupid when I realized it was the town in Willie Nelson's song Good morning America.
Willie Douchebag Nelson mentioned Kankakee in a song? Geez, we're going to have to change the name of the town now, to lift the curse. :eek-64:
Still in Illinois, the have a town called Elgin. They pronounce it elggin, hard G.
We have a town called Elgin and we pronounce it Eljin.
It's gin. Like the alcoholic drink. L-GIN. Gin and tonic. Alphabetically it would come right after K-gin. Cajun.

I should go to Louisiana and say "ka Jun". As in "gun" or "fun". Ka like in "ka-boom", the noise I'd hear when their heads explode. :D

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
It was Peoria Il that I was thinking about. Maybe this was back then and they moved out of Peoria.

Had to do a little researching.....

"The Holt Manufacturing Company... By the early 20th century, Holt Manufacturing Company was the leading manufacturer of combine harvesters in the US, and the leading California-based manufacturer of steam traction engines.[7]

In 1909 Holt Manufacturing Company expanded by purchasing the facility of defunct farm implement maker Colean Manufacturing Company in East Peoria, Illinois.

Plant in Illinois
The Peoria facility proved so profitable that only two years later the Peoria facility employed 625 people and was exporting tractors to Argentina, Canada, and Mexico.[12] Tractors were built in both Stockton and East Peoria.

Horse-drawn combine harvester
Benjamin was the most technically adept. He saw the need for farm machinery, and expanded the company's line to include farm equipment, including combine harvesters and steam-powered traction engines required to pull them through the fields. "

Holt Manufacturing Company - Wikipedia

My bad I thought you said Deere. However I did find out the headquarters is actually in Moline Illinois.

Skateboard puller Skateboard puller i did when I was younger and I remember it being cool. I have driven past it multiple times and if I get laid over in Waterloo. I’m so going again. They also have the John Deere Pavillion in Moline. But I don’t know what that place is about.

Skateboard puller

Hozer Witta Hood
My bad I thought you said Deere. However I did find out the headquarters is actually in Moline Illinois.

Skateboard puller Skateboard puller i did when I was younger and I remember it being cool. I have driven past it multiple times and if I get laid over in Waterloo. I’m so going again. They also have the John Deere Pavillion in Moline. But I don’t know what that place is about.
I bet it’s a good way to spend a few hours

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
The road I use to bypass the scales when they're both open is called John Deere Blvd or something.
There’s one of those in Ankeny Ia Waterloo, Davenport moline and probably others but those are ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
I wonder what would happen if you walked into a bar in a John Deere town wearing an International Harvester hat.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I wonder what would happen if you walked into a bar in a John Deere town wearing an International Harvester hat.
Where my Uncle lives the farmer next door has all IH equipment. I was at his place with a John Deere hat on. He said you might want to take off that cap until we get down the road a bit.:rolllaugh:
So I am assuming being shot is not out of the realm of possibilities:dunno::rolllaugh:
Crips and Bloods in the city, red and blue.
Country, green and Red!

Last edited:

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Where my Uncle lives the farmer next door has all IH equipment. I was at his place with a John Deere hat on. He said you might want to take off that cap until we get down the road a bit.:rolllaugh:
So I am assuming being shot is not out of the realm of possibilities:dunno::rolllaugh:
Crips and Bloods in the city, red and blue.
Country, green and Red!
Try driving a Ford in eastern Kentucky. All inbreeders drive Chevys.

Tarmadilo

The first time I went to Kankakee I said it as Kan cocky. I was quickly corrected by dispatch.
Then I felt really stupid when I realized it was the town in Willie Nelson's song Good morning America.
God bless Willie Nelson, but he’d tell you it was a Steve Goodman song (and latter a hit by Arlo Guthrie).

😎

Last edited:

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Hamtramck ! I really had a hard time trying to pronounce this the first time they sent me there.
Ah you are sending me to Detroit?
No son we are sending you to west hell. Detroit will look like Boca Raton compared to Hamtramck.:rolllaugh:

Latest posts