Reefer Is it really THAT bad to yank an ice box?

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Actually I disagree with this.

Advanced level reefer drivers have tons of knowledge.

Especially the LTL produce guys.

They know where to load what, what set points to put the unit on, many of hem can get into places in downtown areas at little mafia owned fruit wholesalers and all.

If you’d think for five seconds you’d realize that as a group, they’re probably not the worst.
I argued with one of them about setting the reefer to 34 degrees Fahrenheut versus 1 degree celcius
I don’t know if he didn’t believe me there was another temperature scale besides Fahrenheit or if he didn’t believe the math
He even brought a buddy over to argue the same thing with me

Futhermuckers be crazy

Ive been to a couple grocery DCs, looked around at the trucks, and realized I’ve been to wrecking yards with better looking trucks
:biglaugh:

About the only group competing with reefers for shoddy equipment is the white volvo mafia outta the Windy City

“Advanced level reefer” :rolllaugh:

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Supporter
Correct. Rooster cruisers are cool guys usually

Reefer yankers driving a aero are not cool guys, usually
Flatbedder driving Aeros that are black and chrome are cool as **** though....just sayin’

I have to say some of the shoodiest equipment I have seen has been pulling a dry box and ice box or a can. But you really want to see shoddy equipment, check out the trucks pulling crap out of your local Menards. And not the ones that actually have the JB Hunt DSI trucks. I’m talking the ones that have the independent contractors pulling out of them. When I worked for Freightliner had one guy come in for a DOT and flipped **** that I handed him a quote for 15k in repairs to make it DOT legal. He refused the work and took his truck...I have no idea if it was ever repaired.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Flatbedder driving Aeros that are black and chrome are cool as **** though....just sayin’

I have to say some of the shoodiest equipment I have seen has been pulling a dry box and ice box or a can. But you really want to see shoddy equipment, check out the trucks pulling crap out of your local Menards. And not the ones that actually have the JB Hunt DSI trucks. I’m talking the ones that have the independent contractors pulling out of them. When I worked for Freightliner had one guy come in for a DOT and flipped **** that I handed him a quote for 15k in repairs to make it DOT legal. He refused the work and took his truck...I have no idea if it was ever repaired.
I used to love when I worked for the rail, I actually worked for the rail like trains, rail cars and ****.

One time they put me on the "Scale" inputting container and chassis information, doing quick chassis inspections on chassis owned by the rail
Driver, You have an air leak, No I don't, Yes you do!
Come hither :wave:,hear all that air pissing out?

I put about 70% of the chassis out of service within a week They took me off the scale by the end of the week.

Last edited:

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Why are you tolerating this bigoted bullshit on the forum?

Because nobody takes it seriously except you.

Forever as long as I’ve been here this has gone on and nobody ever got wound up about it until you did. And basically you’re the only one.

Other folks just have the sense to either laugh at the tired joke or roll their eyes and go on with their day.

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
I’ll take Chicogoan drivers any day over Toronto putzs. Chicago is so old the turns are really tight to make, but not much different than Toronto downtown really
In Chicago they dont understand the "Center Lane"...

Illinois Troopers dont bug ya for 10 over...

Yet some Can Haulers and little Foriegner Cars seem 2 feel they have gosh given "Rights" to run exactly 55 in the Center Lanes...

Then when ya gotta make a Jack Move and CUT-IN they wonder all like Im the worst @$$hole whoever was..

Uh excuse me Ontario Outlaw Ontario Outlaw ....I was taught Left Lane GUNNER and Run Her

Inbetween stay "Center"..

Slow-Poke stay in the GRANNY LANE

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
In Chicago they dont understand the "Center Lane"...

Illinois Troopers dont bug ya for 10 over...

Yet some Can Haulers and little Foriegner Cars seem 2 feel they have gosh given "Rights" to run exactly 55 in the Center Lanes...

Then when ya gotta make a Jack Move and CUT-IN they wonder all like Im the worst @$$hole whoever was..

Uh excuse me Ontario Outlaw Ontario Outlaw ....I was taught Left Lane GUNNER and Run Her

Inbetween stay "Center"..

Slow-Poke stay in the GRANNY LANE
I shouldnt say that...

Forgot that nowadays roughly HALF are Texting and Facebook..

Not even Paying attention..

Doesnt matter anymore how well ya run it...

These other Twits will find some way to **** ya up

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
I like MC VanKampen and Frock Bros. Trucking.
MC VanKampen trucks run 75 mph also.
Oh wow 75mph...

Had a 72 "capped" truck ..I

In the COUNTRY on a 4 lane I ran 64..

Let all ya "CRAZY" bastards get AWAY from ME and bye...

In a Big City I run abit more "Aggressivly"..

Wanna meet a REAL "DRIVER" catch me on the 294 Tollway..

I know how to SWING at ya Without actually "Touching" ya ..

You slow down and I move over..

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
Oh wow 75mph...

Had a 72 "capped" truck ..I

In the COUNTRY on a 4 lane I ran 64..

Let all ya "CRAZY" bastards get AWAY from ME and bye...

In a Big City I run abit more "Aggressivly"..

Wanna meet a REAL "DRIVER" catch me on the 294 Tollway..

I know how to SWING at ya Without actually "Touching" ya ..

You slow down and I move over..
Tell ya something else T Thunder Road ...

If we "governed" about the SAME..

Im "watching" AHEAD..

Im gonna take ya up to that Prius or some Yuppie in a LEXUS..

By paying ATTENTION Ill cut "right" and back 2 the "Center"..

Aint even that Im trying 2 be an Asshole..

Ya gotta "Think" like them.

Thats how ya run the 294 Tollway..

Reefer never pays time invested. You run all day and stay up all night getting unloaded. F that. The pay tends to be a bit higher yet is negated in unload times. If your reefer company offers off duty eld movement - run... it means they expect you to work while your sleeping!

Mike

Staff member
Not quite sure why you call us bottom feeders when there are some very respectable small reefer companies out there to work for
He does it to simply talk smack with other drivers. Kind of how Marines make from of squids (and pretty much every other branch of the service, for that matter).