Reefer Is it really THAT bad to yank an ice box?

dchawk81

Supporter
I pulled reefer for Schneider for Walmart as a fill in. It was dead easy except the Sam's Club where all the employees scattered when I arrived instead of showing up to do their job. After an hour wait with no one showing (even the manager took off and never came back), I unloaded that one myself and left it as their problem. If it spoiled, oh well.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I pulled reefer for Schneider for Walmart as a fill in. It was dead easy except the Sam's Club where all the employees scattered when I arrived instead of showing up to do their job. After an hour wait with no one showing (even the manager took off and never came back), I unloaded that one myself and left it as their problem. If it spoiled, oh well.
Wal-Mart store loads are not running a reefer. That's schlepping Wal-Mart crap around.

dchawk81

Supporter
Wal-Mart store loads are not running a reefer. That's schlepping Wal-Mart crap around.
Meat & produce. Same **** that goes to other groceries.

I know, you're trying to pull a high and mighty but yeah that doesn't work there, Skateboard puller.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Meat & produce. Same **** that goes to other groceries.

I know, you're trying to pull a high and mighty but yeah that doesn't work there, Skateboard puller.
I've pulled many Wal-Mart store loads, and I know the difference. It doesn't have anything to do with " high and mighty," but the nature of the work. Being a local delivery guy, and OTR reefer are two completely different lines of work.

dchawk81

Supporter
I've pulled many Wal-Mart store loads, and I know the difference. It doesn't have anything to do with " high and mighty," but the nature of the work. Being a local delivery guy, and OTR reefer are two completely different lines of work.
I didn't say it was the same work. Still it was me, in a truck, attached to a trailer, with a reefer unit. So I was pulling a reefer. Nice try though.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I didn't say it was the same work. Still it was me, in a truck, attached to a trailer, with a reefer unit. So I was pulling a reefer. Nice try though.
Ain't the same. You just trying to PO everyone today? Take a Mydol.

smoov

I used to have meat hooks to turn pallets. Not sure where the are now.. Reefer work sucks but every once in a while you get a string of great paying loads and then you forget they suck.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
For you guys n gals that pull a reefer-

How do you deal with the embarrassment of being latched to one?

I notice most of y’all don’t run a CB so I guess y’all try to avoid public ridicule?

Maybe you just get used to being shunned?

dchawk81

Supporter

I notice most of y’all don’t run a CB so I guess y’all try to avoid public ridicule?

Your trolling is repetitive. Try to be more creative.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter

They was a decent looking Century pulling a shiny hiney tonight on 294, chicken lights and shiny mud flap weights. Clean looking rig. Showed he did his best to polish a turd, it wasn’t a head turner but it was presentable

Keyed up ”You know, for a Freightliner pulling a reefer, that’s not a horrible looking ride”

Got back “Doing the best I can, driver, not much to work with”

Made my night :biglaugh:

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter

Typical bottom feeder reefer puller. 400 pounds, sweatpants, stained shirt, can barely waddle far enough to open the doors, has to take a break after doing one, then take a break after the second one before waddling back to the cab

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
View attachment 48797View attachment 48798
Typical bottom feeder reefer puller. 400 pounds, sweatpants, stained shirt, can barely waddle far enough to open the doors, has to take a break after doing one, then tak

e a break after the second one before waddling back to the cab
That may be, but he's more on the ball than you are. He can get from point A to point B on time to meet an appointment. You claim to be clueless.

Clueless outlaw

Hillbilly Canuck

View attachment 48797View attachment 48798
Typical bottom feeder reefer puller. 400 pounds, sweatpants, stained shirt, can barely waddle far enough to open the doors, has to take a break after doing one, then take a break after the second one before waddling back to the cab
One of them sumbitches tried to take my hood and one succeeded in taking someone else's mirror at the same truck stop the same night.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
One of them sumbitches tried to take my hood and one succeeded in taking someone else's mirror at the same truck stop the same night.
I was “this” close to yanking the big horn watched one of these sumbitches backing near my truck today. Got out and helped him back in, not really to be a nice guy, more out of self preservation of my truck

They bottom of the barrel for a reason

Sumbitch was Russian and gave me some weird muffin cookie as thanks