Is it always like this in Pilot truck stops?

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Anybody ever witness a situation where the squatter refused to move?
yop.

TA Commerce city.

cops got called and they got trespassed off the property. To say he was pissed is an understatement.

when the cop handed him the ticket the reality didn't hit yet.

when he told him he was going to get arrested for criminal trespass, the light bulb started to glimmer

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Yep. Either they call the carriers dispatch to solve the problem, or get the cops out. I've never had a problem getting my reserved spot if some jackwad thinks he can just take it without paying.
I’m thinking I would just ignore the knocks on the door, and if towed, come out of the truck with the most expensive injury ever and swear I was sleeping so hard I never heard the knock ;)

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I’m thinking I would just ignore the knocks on the door, and if towed, come out of the truck with the most expensive injury ever and swear I was sleeping so hard I never heard the knock ;)
Tell that to the cop while he's putting the handcuffs on...

Johnson

You know, if I had money to waste, I might buy the spot just to test that theory, lol.

In reality, I’ve seen too many people whining in Facebook groups due to paying for spots, somebody taking the spots, and nobody doing anything about it.

Anybody ever witness a situation where the squatter refused to move?
Yep, I've seen at the hook in Indy.
He eventually moved after security told him pay or be towed.
So I guess he went into to pay like he should of instead of being a dbag. The look on his face was priceless as he walked back to his truck and pulled out.
All spots were already reserved, lol.

That pilot up in South Beloit will come out and tell'em to get the phuck out too if someone shows up and has a reservation and there all full.
TA Rogers, MN. Same thing.

Ranger_375

I've rolled in with reserved parking, all the spots were taken. I park straight across all of them then go in to talk, and I'm sleeping right f'ing there and not moving unless they start banging on doors.

The knocks on the doors will turn into window breaking for your own welfare. OOps, I thought there was a medical emergency.

BirchBarlow

I love KW 680s
more than 6 2 hours to load or unload you is unreasonable.
Very "unreasonable" mndriver mndriver and shall I make this "very" Clear...

Most places I ever "drove" 4 pay Miles or by the load a Flat Rate..

Half them "places" there is "Supposed" to be whats Called "Detention" or "Layover"..

Roughly Half them its like trying to to DENTAL WORK...

At one place I lost my Needle Nose Plier..but I still had a Small Cresent Wrench and I was ready 2 PULL it outta EM