Is it always like this in Pilot truck stops?

quillcom

Taking time hasn’t impacted what I make, helping others with securement hasn’t impacted what I make, helping others fold tarps when I could be rolling out, hasn’t impacted what I make.
You are a great American !

Just this past Friday I'm at my 2nd to the last stop, ready to call it a day, pull into the ship/receive area ready to dock. But theres only 1 dock available and its occupied with an obvious newb-ee who cant seem to get his truck and trailer to agree with the dock.

So the trucker in front of me helps him wiggle his way in, a yard dog comes along and opens up another dock, I happily oblige, get loaded ready to pull out and swing over to my last pick-up which is right across the street.

But lo and behold here comes the new-bee walking toward me with his papers and his giant 7 inch gps in his hands. With broken english he asked me to assist him in loading his address into his gps.

(My first instinct was to say screw you I'm in a hurry)

But with as much time as he took to dock I knew I had to help him.

He took me to his truck, sat me in the passenger
side and I showed him how to find those special addresses that are hard to find
with just a HW number for a street-location.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Don't even try and act like their are not Americans up here breaking our laws as a guest in our sovereign nation . Some times it is just ignorance and sometimes it is just arrogance .
Tees you off, huh? Now you know how we feel about your bullshit countryman down here.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Tees you off, huh? Now you know how we feel about your bullshit countryman down here.
Tees you off, huh? Now you know how we feel about your bullshit countryman up here. :canada:
I beg your pardon Sir but your people have no concept of what cabotoge is and commit it regularly. No Concept that our land is that of a sovereign nation and that American exceptionalism does NOT exempt them from the laws of the land.

Last edited:

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Tees you off, huh? Now you know how we feel about your bullshit countryman up here. :canada:
I beg your pardon Sir but your people have no concept of what cabotoge is and commit it regularly. No Concept that our land is that of a sovereign nation and that American exceptionalism does NOT exempt them from the laws of the land.
I am one of your countrymen... once removed. :canada:

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
I blew past the Oakville, ON. Scale about 10 years ago. When I realized what I did, I pulled over and grabbed my permit book and logs and walked back to the scale. I apologized for not pulling in.
The scale Master said you missed the scale because you were talking on your phone.
Yes you are correct, I was talking on the phone. I was wishing my Father a happy Fathers Day being as I won't get to see him.
The scale Master let me go unscathed.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I blew by the Wyoming POE scales on I80 one night. By the time I woke up and realized it, I was most of the way to Salt Lake...

:stare1:

Whupsie!

:rolllaugh3:

Mike

Staff member
I’m doing something wrong because I just found myself parked at another Pilot. The ginormous one here in Marion, Illinoiz.

I got the last spot, other than for the handicap spot. An FFE driver took the handicap spot, and took a flag off the oversize load that he parked beside.

App shows 2 paid spots available, but folks are in those as well.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I’m doing something wrong because I just found myself parked at another Pilot. The ginormous one here in Marion, Illinoiz.

I got the last spot, other than for the handicap spot. An FFE driver took the handicap spot, and took a flag off the oversize load that he parked beside.

App shows 2 paid spots available, but folks are in those as well.
You can buy the spot, check-in, and the manager is supposed to chase the squatters off.

Mike

Staff member
You can buy the spot, check-in, and the manager is supposed to chase the squatters off.
You know, if I had money to waste, I might buy the spot just to test that theory, lol.

In reality, I’ve seen too many people whining in Facebook groups due to paying for spots, somebody taking the spots, and nobody doing anything about it.

Anybody ever witness a situation where the squatter refused to move?

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
You know, if I had money to waste, I might buy the spot just to test that theory, lol.

In reality, I’ve seen too many people whining in Facebook groups due to paying for spots, somebody taking the spots, and nobody doing anything about it.

Anybody ever witness a situation where the squatter refused to move?
Yep. Either they call the carriers dispatch to solve the problem, or get the cops out. I've never had a problem getting my reserved spot at a TA or Pilot if some jackwad thinks he can just take it without paying.