Is it always like this in Pilot truck stops?

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Supporter
PRE-ELD/AOBR there were a few speeders in the lots, but it's insane now. Everyone racing that damn clock ticking down.

Just another example of the Law of Unintended Consequences, and as usual, inflicted upon us those in DC who are doing their best to make us safer.

Reactions: AK7

r3gulator3

Friendly Neighborhood Former Technician
Staff member
Supporter
PRE-ELD/AOBR there were a few speeders in the lots, but it's insane now. Everyone racing that damn clock ticking down.

Just another example of the Law of Unintended Consequences, and as usual, inflicted upon us those in DC who are doing their best to make us safer.
I understand your point, but the real problem is the driver that feels need to race the clock. I take my time I’m not in a hurry per se but I do everything with a purpose. I don’t let that clock run me. I do what I can do in a day. I plan every day for 10 hours so I have some cushion time. Things pop up, yes it frustrating but it is what it is. My running that way hasn’t impacted what I make. Taking time hasn’t impacted what I make, helping others with securement hasn’t impacted what I make, helping others fold tarps when I could be rolling out, hasn’t impacted what I make.

Some people just can’t accept that mentality. Every second must be spent at wide open throttle, yelling at shippers/receivers for not being quick enough. Not being courteous to other people. All because they let that electronic countdown run their life.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
Some people just can’t accept that mentality. Every second must be spent at wide open throttle, yelling at shippers/receivers for not being quick enough. Not being courteous to other people. All because they let that electronic countdown run their life.
That 30 minute break can **** off. Switch to USA HOS and it saying I need THIRTY minutes off. **** off I just stopped to use the little boys room and was stopped for 23 minutes **** it I’m switching back to Canadian HOS.

Like who in the actual **** actually expects drivers to ****ing stop for THIRTY ****ing minutes EXACTLY and who ****ing thinks 30 minutes is better than 23 minutes anyway

God dam POS HOS ELD can **** off

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
So now your pissed at actually having to comply with the actual law.

Classy
He's been like that since day 1 on the forum. He thinks he's cool coming down here and breaking our laws.

If he was a Mexican driver doing the same thing all y'all would be pissed.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
Supporter
So now your pissed at actually having to comply with the actual law.

Classy
Nope. Just leave it kicked to Canadian HOS and don’t even think about following USA HOS.

Why bother trying to start obeying USA hos, speed limits, weight limits or parking laws

We keep doing our thing

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
Nope. Just leave it kicked to Canadian HOS and don’t even think about following USA HOS.

Why bother trying to start obeying USA hos, speed limits, weight limits or parking laws

We keep doing our thing
Because it's against our laws, and you're a guest in our country. As mndriver mndriver said, it's because of people like you that we have all the bullshit we have now.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
Because it's against our laws, and you're a guest in our country. As mndriver mndriver said, it's because of people like you that we have all the bullshit we have now.
Don't even try and act like their are not Americans up here breaking our laws as a guest in our sovereign nation . Some times it is just ignorance and sometimes it is just arrogance .

Mike

Staff member
Don't even try and act like their are not Americans up here breaking our laws as a guest in our sovereign nation . Some times it is just ignorance and sometimes it is just arrogance .
I blew past your weigh stations up in The Canada. Not sure why other than being a brand new driver and panicking at the idea of entering a foreign weigh station.